Is Tommen doomed?

lamna

I hope to see Aegon play the merciful and allow the Lannister to not get extinct, or at least not kill those innocent children.

At the current moment, I don't see why Tommen can't try to escape..

I too don't think tommen is in danger from this side.

tbh i think aegon himself would kill you if you presented him tommens corpse as a "present"

So how do you reckon Myrcella will end up crowned?

It's possible she can be considered already crowned, at least by Arianne and her co-conspirators.

As to the general question, I'd say odds of survival for either Tommen or Myrcella kinda suck, but at least regarding the prophecy, it's entirely possible that Cersei will believe them dead when they're not - the golden shroud thing isn't explicitly pre-death for Cersei, and if she thinks they're dead then that contributes to her losing everything.

On the more practical side, it really does depend on who takes the Throne and how things go down.

Does he have any hope of surviving and keeping his throne?

There will be several people who are going to sit on the IT before the end [according to Martin] so he will be off the throne soon but I do hope he'll survive (though Maggy's prophecy seems to say no-no).

There are three adorable children in the story, Tommen, Myrcella, and Missandei, who you just know are going to come to horrible ends.

There's sweet Shireen, too.

Sadly, I think poor Tommen is doomed, as karmic vengeance on House Lannister for the murder of Rhaenys (another royal child who loved kittens). Aegon will either order the boy's death himself, GRMM showing that Aegon has become as hard and cruel as his supposed Targaryen ancestors, or someone else will do it in Aegon's name or for Aegon's sake (Jon Connington, if still alive, would have no qualms, he has already vowed to wipe out all of Robert Baratheon's "blood", which could also include Shireen Baratheon). If Tommen manages to survive for a few more years, he will not be considered a child, and Daenerys will have him killed. Stannis and Melisandre probably have marked Tommen and Myrcella for death as well.

My money's on the Tyrells to kill Tommen and present his body to Aegon as the latter enters King's Landing, possibly as a bribe for a union with Margaery. Mace has always wanted his daughter to be queen.

The problem for any Iron Throne claimant, if he or she succeeds in seizing King's Landing and the Iron Throne and the rule of at least some of Westeros, in leaving Tommen alive, is that no matter how innocent and decent a child Tommen is, there will always be those who will rebel in his name. They might be able to leave Myrcella alone; though they should take her away from Dorne before any Dornishman-or Dornish boy - marries her, because according to Dornish law, she is the queen after Joffrey's death. If I were Aegon, I would at least contemplate marrying either Myrcella or Shireen once Tommen is dead. Another alternative would be allowing Myrcella to live as a celibate Septa or silent sister; she and her heirs could be dangerous if she is married to someone other than Aegon himself. And the flip side of Aegon marrying Myrcella; however charming and smart and good-hearted she is, she would still be regarded as either the Usurper's Daughter or incest-spawned bastard abomination; which would cast a shadow on any children she might give Aegon. If the Iron Throne's next holder decides that both Myrcella and Tommen can live as long as they will produce no children, Tommen can either become a Maester (I personally would not send a rival king to the Wall, where he might recruit an army, or someone else could recruit an army for him), or, cruelly, be castrated first to reduce the kid's likelihood of being used as a viable focus for rebellion; I doubt that anyone would risk their lives to put a eunuch on the Iron Throne.

Tommen is such a nice kid; who would, with better guidance than he's getting, grow up to be a good man. It's a shame, but I don't think he's going to get the chance to do so.

This is one of those times when even though I know the show isn't canon I can't help but look at it. Remember when Cersei I almost poisoned Tommen (I think with sweetsleep) when she thought the battle of Blackwater was lost? Maybe he'll be poisoned by somebody he should trust. Not necessarily Cersei, but maybe.

That episode was written by GRRM...

Sadly, I think poor Tommen is doomed, as karmic vengeance on House Lannister for the murder of Rhaenys (another royal child who loved kittens). Aegon will either order the boy's death himself, GRMM showing that Aegon has become as hard and cruel as his supposed Targaryen ancestors, or someone else will do it in Aegon's name or for Aegon's sake (Jon Connington, if still alive, would have no qualms, he has already vowed to wipe out all of Robert Baratheon's "blood", which could also include Shireen Baratheon). If Tommen manages to survive for a few more years, he will not be considered a child, and Daenerys will have him killed. Stannis and Melisandre probably have marked Tommen and Myrcella for death as well.

My money's on the Tyrells to kill Tommen and present his body to Aegon as the latter enters King's Landing, possibly as a bribe for a union with Margaery. Mace has always wanted his daughter to be queen

The problem for any Iron Throne claimant, if he or she succeeds in seizing King's Landing and the Iron Throne and the rule of at least some of Westeros, in leaving Tommen alive, is that no matter how innocent and decent a child Tommen is, there will always be those who will rebel in his name. They might be able to leave Myrcella alone; though they should take her away from Dorne before any Dornishman-or Dornish boy - marries her, because according to Dornish law, she is the queen after Joffrey's death. If I were Aegon, I would at least contemplate marrying either Myrcella or Shireen once Tommen is dead. Another alternative

would be allowing Myrcella to live as a celibate Septa or silent sister; she and her heirs could be dangerous if she is married to someone other than Aegon himself. And the flip side of Aegon marrying Myrcella; however charming and smart and good-hearted she is, she would still be regarded as either the Usurper's Daughter or incest-spawned bastard abomination; which would cast a shadow on any children she might give Aegon. If the Iron Throne's next holder decides that both Myrcella and Tommen can live as long as they will produce no children, Tommen can either become a Maester (I personally would not send a rival king to the Wall, where he might recruit an army, or someone else could recruit an army for him), or, cruelly, be castrated first

to reduce the kid's likelihood of being used as a viable focus for rebellion; I doubt that anyone would risk their lives to put a eunuch on the Iron Throne.

Tommen is such a nice kid; who would, with better guidance than he's getting, grow up to be a good man. It's a shame, but I don't think he's going to get the chance to do so.

Castration. That's very Byzantine (blinding was another alternative to death).

There will be several people who are going to sit on the IT before the end [according to Martin] so he will be off the throne soon but I do hope he'll survive (though Maggy's prophecy seems to say no-no).

There's sweet Shireen, too.

I have this horrible mental picture of Patchface attacking her and gnawing at her skin, like Biter.

Archived