Jon and Val an item in WoW?

Tyrion1991

I think Jon would certainly jump at the chance to be with Val, were his vows not in the way, I don't see him making a clean break from the night's watch.

With the Lord Commander dead (presumably), I think we will see The Others (finally) make their assault on The Wall. The NW is doomed. Jon and his caretakers will make a retreat, probably well before the actual attack. If I had to guess, he ends up at White Harbor with his wildling host and small group of NW friends.

I'm pinning White Harbor as the place where the final defense takes shape. Jon and friends will be there, Stannis will land there with Rickon, and I even think Dany will end up there.

White Harbour is way, way south, way south. The Dreadfort is between them, unless they travel along the coast, and, I guess the rivers will be frozen, but they can pass by Karhold, which is the first keep I think along the east coast, along the other coast you have places that were taken by the Ironborn, or you have to get around Barrowtown along the south eastern coast, or pass between there and Winterfell, you know, it's pretty treacherous.

I'd say Karhold first, then maybe White Harbour, but it's a long distance and we've seen how bad the weather is.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

People saying Jon is still bound to his vows is ridiculous. When he dies his watch is over. Jon Snow is dead. Jon Stark/Targaryen or whatever his name will be will not be bound to the nights watch. The nights watch also seems to be over, which is why the wall will fall, they didn't "stay true". Jon Snow was as true as anyone to be in the nights watch he was protecting "the realms of men" wildlings are included in that. 

6 hours ago, ThePrinceThatKnewNothing said:

People saying Jon is still bound to his vows is ridiculous. When he dies his watch is over. Jon Snow is dead. Jon Stark/Targaryen or whatever his name will be will not be bound to the nights watch. The nights watch also seems to be over, which is why the wall will fall, they didn't "stay true". Jon Snow was as true as anyone to be in the nights watch he was protecting "the realms of men" wildlings are included in that. 

I agree with all of this this. 

The only thing I would add is if Jon was seen as stabbed and supposed to be dead, some events happen, then BAM!, the "dead guy" comes walking back in to town then you will probably get a mix of NW men being freaked out and fleeing and those that bend the knee and accept Jon as a new type of ruler/leader. Similar to what happened to Dany when she hatched her dragons. 

9 hours ago, ThePrinceThatKnewNothing said:

Yep. Not to mention that it is slightly hypocritical since Mole Town almost seems to be a  requisite for many men of the black. There is also the argument that a marriage with Val or union, or whatever she wishes to call it, could create a loose alliance with the Wildlings, rather create a stronger union. 

As it stands, Jon and his close supporters are the only men in Westeros that will work with the wildlings. If Jon could bring in, let's say 500 men and women fighters, that is more than the realm sent since GoT. Not to mention the 500 wildlings are better than anything from the cellars of KL and other keeps. 

So a Jon and Val union makes sense from many perspectives. AND since the NW needs more men, Jon is simply finding new ways to fullfil a need when others refuse to. Actually, let's just forgo calling it a NW, because I suspect that the Wall will be gone and Jon's supporters (former men of the black and wildlings) will form a northern "army". If the wall falls, so to does the institution. Those who follow Jon, I think, will no longer be NW men, rather a northern defense. 

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I agree with all of this this. 

The only thing I would add is if Jon was seen as stabbed and supposed to be dead, some events happen, then BAM!, the "dead guy" comes walking back in to town then you will probably get a mix of NW men being freaked out and fleeing and those that bend the knee and accept Jon as a new type of ruler/leader. Similar to what happened to Dany when she hatched her dragons. 

Yep. 

• 4 months later...

Archived