[ADWD SPOILERS] Jon 6

Xray the Enforcer

I think there is no doubt at this point that the "Mance" that was slain is not Mance, but was Rattleshirt, and that Mel has dweamored Mance to look like Rattleshirt.

I got this same vibe during the brief interchange between Jon and "Rattleshirt" before their little sparring match. "We all do what we have to do, Snow. Even kings." Based on the context, he was referring to Stannis when he said "kings," but there could easily be a double entendre here. I immediately thought of King beyond the Wall, not Stannis.

The only thing that keeps me doubting is that Jon does not seem to notice anything different about Rattleshirt other than his body build. I would think Jon would be able to notice something in his face (eyes, for instance) or even his voice. By the sound of the description, if Mance did indeed switch places with Rattleshirt prior to the execution, then he would have had to knock out quite a few of his own teeth to replace them with wooden ones.... Poor bloke.

• 1 month later...

Interesting chapter indeed! I also agree with the people posting that Rattleshirt was Mance in disguise, and besides that I also love that Jon lost. Just to show the people he isn't invincible.

Secondly, I'd like to comment on the people thinking Sansa might go to the wall. But why? Why would she? I think Jeyne's heading toward the wall, after Rammert his wedding. Maybe Mel wants to make a shadow baby with Jon to kill Rammert?

Awesome, loving Jon his story so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Yay, this is the first Jon chapter in the book that I didn't dislike. It was actually quite good. Melisandre in the end was sort of creepy and comforting at the same time. I don't know how to explain it. I have no idea what to make of her. I always considered Ghost to be somewhat "above everything and everyone else" (for lack of a better word), so to see him mesmerized by the red priestess is scaring the hell out of me.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived