Theon's fate

alienarea

If Theon has to be sacrificed like a lamb in front of a weirwood tree just to bring Jon Snow back to life, after all he's been through, after how much we got to know him, if the only way Martin sees to complete his redemption is that, I will probably stop reading. It would make me really angry. No, just no.

He might die at some point during the books, it would make sense somehow, but if the whole point to his story is just serving as a catalyzer to revive Jon Snow... :tantrum:

I think the Drowned God words will become true in Theon's trip to hell and back. He will be back harder and stronger. Or that's what I want to believe at least.

Jon isn't dead guys.

As for Theon, for Gods sake when did he ever have anyone to groom him or prepare him for the big life? His father was a brainless douche, his sister a cruel woman who only started feeling for him when he she saw what the Boltons had done to him and he was rejected by everyone except Robb Stark.

Theon deserves a shot at life.

Everything Theon did, he did as the only thing he could do. It seems to me that he always acted as if he had no choice. He felt he was doing it wrong, he knew he was going the wrong way, but he couldn't help it, because he didn't know how to make things better. He wasn't even true to himself, because he never knew who he was. He wasn't accepted, and he didn't accept himself. An Ironborn can't have greenlander traits, and a Northman can't be born in the Iron Isles. He was trying to embrace one of these two "clashing" identities to gain the acceptance of his blood relatives, but he lost himself in the process, making the worst decisions ever, and betraying the only person who trusted him. Once he started, he couldn't go back.

One of the worst moments in the books for me is Theon's last chapter in ACoK. He was about to decide to take the black (I think he would have done well at the NW, once he revealed the truth about Bran and Rickon), he was going to do the right thing... he was going to accept! but then Ramsay and the Dreadfort men broke in, slaughtered the other Northmen, burned Winterfell and took him as a prisoner...

I read someone else say this as well. I still think Theon is a redemption to be reforged....he will go back to the iron islands, he will invalidate the Kingsmoot as was forshadowed. He will win Asha, Nuncle, and Aeron to his side to take on the Crow eye.

Comeback Players of the year

Theon

Jamie

Bran

Sansa

He should of never killed the miller's boys. He should of killed ramsay when he had the chance. But he let pride get in his way and his own stupidity. I don't think theon's done for just yet. I don't see him makng it till the end though. I think he wants to die. He has been through so much. If he doesn't die. I want him in the night's watch. He could do a lot there. He can never hope to rule the iron islands. Maybe with his nuncles and asha but. I don't. See it working out. Alas euron is a huge plotline and most likely is the reason he is not dead yet!

He should of never killed the miller's boys. He should of killed ramsay when he had the chance. But he let pride get in his way and his own stupidity. I don't think theon's done for just yet. I don't see him makng it till the end though. I think he wants to die. He has been through so much. If he doesn't die. I wnat him in the night's watch.

He may want to die...but the Gods seldom give people what they wish for in westeros

^Wait, how was he to know who Ramsay was at that time? And the miller's boys was Ramsay's idea. Ramsay took advantage of Theon's weak character and bad situation to make him have them killed.

Of course he didn't know ramsay, doesn't mean he shouldn't of killed him as reek. He had extreme crimes against him as aiding ramsay let alone being ramsay. But he let the snake whisper in his ear and look where it got him!

Ramsay was giving him advice that seemed very legit at the time and was one of the few guys actually seemingly trying to help him. I dont blame Theon much.

it's true...would you have liked him better if he would have kept pushing to kill Bran and Rickon.....because he couldn't come back empty handed?

If he hadn't killed those kids, he would be less hated among fans, I think.

I don't think he had you guys in mind when he did it. I think he was more focused on his Ironborn which he had a loose and tenuous control over and the swords in their hands.

I don't think he had you guys in mind when he did it. I think he was more focused on his Ironborn which he had a loose and tenuous control over and the swords in their hands.

Sure, we don't exist in his world, sadly. But I mean, if the story had been different, most of his haters would look at him differently. I love him no matter what he's done.

Sure, we don't exist in his world, sadly. But I mean, if the story had been different, most of his haters would look at him differently. I love him no matter what he's done.

I really don't know if I would like him if the story would have been different. What I do know is that if you give me a sword in front of Theon I would gladly extract every bit of King's blood that he might have!

I really don't know if I would like him if the story would have been different. What I do know is that if you give me a sword in front of Theon I would gladly extract every bit of King's blood that he might have!

I'll keep that in mind. If you ever get near Theon and I'm around, I'll hide all the swords from you! :P

Actually IIRC, by having Theon Asha would at most have a re-election that would pretty much have Euron picked as king again. So far no one has any misgiving about Eurons' rule and no way in hell is anyone going to vote for Theons' Gollum looking ass.

I like to theorize that as soon as Asha recognized Theon she cried mostly because her plans would be ruined as no one would vote for Theon thus allowing Euron to get away. And because she was sad too I guess.

I'm not sure that this can be definitively answered, but isn't the Chair his by rights? I'm not so certain the Kingsmoot invalidates that outright, and really all Euron has to do is fuck up once and the Ironborn would gladly accept Theon as their lord, especially a Theon backed by (a victorious) Stannis. Euron has a tenuous grasp at best, and the Ironborn are drunk on victory.

Archived