[Book Spoilers] Jaqen

I was wondering, what would happen with the Alchemist in S4 or 5. Will they re-use that extra whose face we saw after the transformation (is he an actor or an extra)? Will they get a new actor but somehow throw the viewers hint that he was formerly Jaqen? Will they show that extra re-switch back to his old Jaqen face so non-readers will know who the Alchemist is?

...Then I started to think, the way they're so dramatically changing everything, will there even be a Faceless Man at the Citadel in Oldtown at all... :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering, what would happen with the Alchemist in S4 or 5. Will they re-use that extra whose face we saw after the transformation (is he an actor or an extra)? Will they get a new actor but somehow throw the viewers hint that he was formerly Jaqen? Will they show that extra re-switch back to his old Jaqen face so non-readers will know who the Alchemist is?

...Then I started to think, the way they're so dramatically changing everything, will there even be a Faceless Man at the Citadel in Oldtown at all... :dunno:

Since no one answered this , the new-Jaqen or un-Jaqen ...was played by an actor Patrick O'Kane , Irish actor, who has a lot of both stage, TV and film experience , so he's not an extra.

Since Tom Wlaschiha has been a hit, and D and D do use some economy in casting, I would think we would see him again...

It is O'Kane who got to say "Farewell Arya Stark" .

I have always thought this the most mysterious thing about Jaqen. In the book he tells her several times he knows who she is.

The show has keep this.

Arya thinks he found it out from Gendry, but apparently not, he has been 'shadowing' her since KL , for what reason we never know.

Except that he does get her to Braavos ... not many fans her have mentioned this mystery.

Likely xD I was thinking about that too a few days ago. Jaqen is a fascinating and intriguing character and Tom Wlaschiha is such a good actor! It's foundamental to show the alchemist in my opinion, but a lot of foundamental things were cut in the series... so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'm not expecting to find every single scene from the book in the series, but some things which should not be overlooked, are...

• 1 month later...

I wonder what contract Tom Wlaschiha signed? One season?

Even with the changes in the kills at Harrenhal were maybe better than George's. They keep Arya's interaction with Jaqen just about as it was in the book.

I love that they kept Arya's trick.

Notice that finally!, Jaqen told her he knew she was Arya Stark?

(To me one of the damned mysteries in the books, not that Jaqen knows she is Arya Stark, but why is he following her?)

And he say's straight out that he is a Faceless Man , I can't remember that in the book, but it's probably there.

Maybe Ned Stark has some roots/business in Braavos, remember that Ned gets Arya a sword teacher from there, who knows?

Archived