Most anticipated storylines for Winds of Winter.

TheeMikeHoncho

north, dorne, oldtown, dragons... then everything else :)

i reallt want to see northmen when they turn their badassery on. they are coming into their own, winter has come, everything is locked down by ice and snow. this is their time to shine.

dorne is my second favourite of the kingdoms, and i want to see how quicly doran adapts to his nephew coming for the throne and see how he reacts when he finds out about quentyn's fate.

oldtown - well, we have seen next to nothing of it and i want to know more about it.

dragons... well, DRAGONS! big enough to carry riders, breathe fire, fill their enemies with dread... formidable weapons and i want to see them used, and see how that will be done and by whom.

From my reading point of view, the Game of Thrones interests me more than the White Walkers, so I'm excited about the Davos/Rickon storyline and the Aegon storyline with Varys. Varys is such an intriguing man. This said, I loved the King Beyond The Wall/Jon storyline, and I love Jon, so I'm excited to see his 'situation' in WoW. I hope the story goes somewhere quickly, otherwise it is impossible to see how the series will end within two books. Too many unanswered questions.

And please GRRM, I beg you, please bring Arya back. One of my favourite characters in the first three books, but now her chapters feel like a chore...

1. I cant wait to see what sort of crazy shit bran can do.

2. Im excited to find out whats going on in skaggos with davos and rickon.

3. I think aryas transformation into a stone cold killer, whether or not she stays with the FM or goes rouge (im hoping the latter of the 2)

4. Mereen and the impending battle (i just want it to be over)

5. And of course there is Jon and everything going on at the wall

Theon-this character has had the best character arc of the entire story, seeing if he gets his served justice/gains redemption/maybe even survives (hope not) is whats keeping me waiting so impatiently for Winds, that I'm even posting this...not to mention I feel the continuation of his story will resolve or further other characters, like stannis, asha, the manderlys/freys and Ramsey if not both Boltons. Also the hooded man reveal I HOPE will be as awesome as I'm anticipating...

Hardly a surprise, but I'm most looking forward to Jaime and Brienne's chapters. I don't care what happens because I know GRRM will write them superbly so long as a) they don't die and b ) they don't suffer another horrific maiming (so yea, wishful thinking there...)

I am anticipating the High Septon's trial too. Should be juicy. I want to see if Cersei confesses in the end and if she does, what then happens to her. I somehow doubt she will die. I also want to see more of Margaery and the Tyrells.

Tyrion's time as part of the Second Sons will be an amusing read, so long as *something happens*

I really couldn't care less about the Wall or Oldtown.

Tyrion, Jorah, Vic, Slemy and Dany are all about to meet up and I can't wait for the scene where Dany pardon's the Kingslayers's brother.

Lord Tarly is now the main dude in Kingslanding and I strongly belive that he will back up Aegon, and a frown on Mace's face always will give me a smile.

But really, Sansa, Sansa, Sansa.

The Mad Mouse! Yohen Royce! Queen Stark!

What little peace and order the five kings left us will not long survive the three queens, I fear
!

-Sansa in the Vale, first and foremost

-Arya extricating herself (if she extricates herself) from the FM

-Cersei making moves again

-Margaery losing her trial, as I expect she will, or winning her trial but being assassinated shortly thereafter

-King's Landing politics going to hell

-Aegon crashing and burning in spectacular fashion

-Tyrion meeting Dany, finally

There are so many that it its hard to pick a favorite.

I guess the one I am most looking forward to is Breanne/Jaime. Only because this is the one I have no idea what is going to happen.

The other plotlines I think I understand where the plots are going. I know I will be surprised by some but I can understand the direction they are all headed in. The B/J story has me completely befuddled.

There is no story arc that keeps me on my toes then Sansa's. Grrm made it even worse by not showing us Sansa's thoughts in her last AFFC chapter. This gives her story more of a cliffhanger then before. However on the other hand grrm can give us a nice surprise with it. Will we see Sansa showing her disdain that her cousin is being poisoned and take the initiative to take down little finger? Will her shock on lysa's death ebb away and realize LF partake on the downfall of the starks. Ore does she need some gentle nudge to it. More important will make allies at the vale.

Archived