Arya Stark’s plan and the Twins theory

Don't remember that at all... this was in ACOK?

I think it is speculation. I looked for a reference in the text, and could not find a hint of what Jaqen/Pate is doing. He may even want one of those glass candles for the FM. He may be after all "knowledge" he can get.

I think some speculate based on the books Sam brings for Maester Aemon, which may or may not have a dragon book among the scrolls. But Sam has to sell them to the Summer Islanders for passage, but someone reassured Sam they would be sold back to the citadel.

The only dragon book I recall is the one Tyrion read on the way to the Wall from Winterfell, yes? Tyrion borrowed the book with Ned's permission. Maybe the book is among those Aemon selected to gift to the citadel if Tyrion finished it and left it at the wall.

I could very well be wrong. I am no good with timelines. :dunno:

I also think the FM have a warg now, Arya who has already invaded a cat as her eyes. I imagine her practicing on other animals, like Casso, King of Seals, for he is mentioned several times, and Arya seems to like him.

Now, if the FM get knowledge and the Glass Candle, the can send their little warg Arya to take a dragon and Jaqen to ride it. Just sill ideas. It is fun to speculate on where Martin is leading with sdo many of his storylines. :dunno:

Ehh, I honestly do not think that all of this will happen...But what i DO think/hope would happen is that after Arya supposedly learns the ways of the FM in this short period of time, she'll kill Old Walder Frey the same way she killed the Tickler - but this time Sandor won't be there to stop her while she exacts her vengeance. :cool4:

The only route I see that happening is if Arya does indeed lose her identity for a very long time and her skills are used in an attempt on a character we like -- not someone that Arya necessarily has on her list.

Oh man, imagine if she gets back and runs into Jamie Lannister who is trying to earn his redemption and return Cat's daughters to her. He could be on his way to the vale to rescue Sansa from LF when a vengeful and assasin trained Arya decides to shed some Lannister blood. :/

Also it just occured to me that she's a bit like Luke Skywalker...

What has she learned in Bravos so far? To sneak and keep her ears open. It is not known how long the time radius will be in the next two books, and I do not think learning all the Faceless Men's assassinating tricks will be a short process. Even if it took five years, a lot would've had happened in Westeros and Arya would still be just a child.

This is my concern, the plots moving quickly and she's not even 12 yet.

I think some speculate based on the books Sam brings for Maester Aemon, which may or may not have a dragon book among the scrolls. But Sam has to sell them to the Summer Islanders for passage, but someone reassured Sam they would be sold back to the citadel.

The only dragon book I recall is the one Tyrion read on the way to the Wall from Winterfell, yes? Tyrion borrowed the book with Ned's permission. Maybe the book is among those Aemon selected to gift to the citadel if Tyrion finished it and left it at the wall.

I could very well be wrong. I am no good with timelines. :dunno:

When Tyrion is on the Shy Maid, he is thinking of the books he wished he had while trying to write down all he knows about dragons. He thinks of an anonymous work called Blood and Fire and sometimes called The Death of Dragons. The only surviving copy supposedly hidden away in a vault beneath the Citadel. This would be my guess if he is indeed searching for a book about killing dragons.

Being sent back to Westeros to kill Sansa? That's more Martin's style, I'd think. (Not that I see that happening either. Actually, Arya is a weird one -- what role DOES she play?)

FM do not get assigned to kill the people they know/have once known. That's why the crew of the ship who carried her to Braavos made her memorise all their names.

On the OP - i very much like the idea of Arya letting Nymeria's pack loose on the Freys in their own castle. Being mauled and eaten alive by a wild animal is a nasty way to go - and that seems fitting for the Late Lord Frey.

:agree: Even the thought of it brought a smile on my face xD

To the OP.Arya did not witness her mother being mutilated.She only got as far as the outside of the castle before the Hound clouted her with an axe.

Arya was the one who pulled out her mother's mutilated body from the river. She was inside Nymeria at the time.

I think it is speculation. I looked for a reference in the text, and could not find a hint of what Jaqen/Pate is doing.

It is there in the books basically, jaqen is looking for the text which contains the information regarding how to kill the dragons that is why he asks pate for the key.

Now, if the FM get knowledge and the Glass Candle, the can send their little warg Arya to take a dragon and Jaqen to ride it

This is too much wishful thinking and warging with a dragon will not be that easy as warging with a wolf, because even danny finds it hard to control the dragons, how can arya do it?

It is there in the books basically, jaqen is looking for the text which contains the information regarding how to kill the dragons that is why he asks pate for the key.

Can you give a quote? Or even explain how the text basically tells us that he is searching for a book about killing dragons?

To the OP.Arya did not witness her mother being mutilated.She only got as far as the outside of the castle before the Hound clouted her with an axe.

As to the rest of your speculation,well it's a bit fanficky.

Well, we are fans writing speculative fiction, after all. Scary still, the current number one best selling book is admittedly fan fiction written about one of the worst stories I've never read.

Here's a crackpot idea. I kind of felt like Arya's training with the FM is kind of parallel to Bruce Wayne's training with the League of Shadows. Both kids who have lost their parents and are looking for a way to exact their revenge. But Bruce uses his newly acquired skills for good whereas the league who mentored him is actually on the evil side. I have a feeling Arya will have a confrontation with the FM soon when her skills have increased when she finds out the FM's true evil intentions. I always thought the kindly faced man was too good to be true. Too holy and anti-revenge. I have a feeling he's hiding something that Arya will find out soon in WoW.

Its in the begging on one of the books I think

I'm aware. The chapter is in the prologue of AFFC. It tells you how they met, and that he is exchanging the key for a gold piece. Pate asks him if it is some book he is looking for and he tells Pate it is none of his concern. Unless I am overlooking something, this is not telling us anything.

I don't think that Arya will learn all of the skills of the Faceless Men. I think she will merely learn enough before she goes renegade. I have the feeling that she will reunite with her undead mother at some point, and may realize it's up to her to grant her the gift of mercy. I would suggest, however, that this reunion may unintentionally happening while seeking vengeance on the Freys. I've heard the notion of a second Red Wedding thrown around in this forum, so I propose this notion:

I know that Myrcella and Tommen are currently living on borrowed time, and believe they will be done by The Winds of Winter. We know that there is an arrangement for a Lannister/Frey wedding currently in the works, and if there is to be a second Red Wedding, who better than the Lannisters in addition to the Freys? We also know that Jaime is headed toward the custody of the Brothers without Banners for Lady Stoneheart to exact her vengeance upon him. It is possible, I believe, that UnCat will keep Jaime alive if he agrees to help the BwB enter the walls of wherever this wedding is to be held. It's also possible for Arya, being only slightly older than Myrcella, to kill the girl and assume her identity to gain entry. I am not sure how that is to work out, but it puts Arya and Lady Stoneheart in the same place at the same time with the same purpose. This scenario would end with the complete annihilation of the Freys, possibly the Lannisters (maybe not... Jaime is to be there as well and may help some of his kin escape) and closure for Stoneheart's storyline since she will be able to look on the face of a living child of her body, accomplish her vengeance, and ultimately die by her child's hand.

I totally imagined this happening already!!! And I love the theory about the wolves and Arya exacting vengeance as the leader of wolves, a facelessman/woman and then having the kiss of life from her mom at somepoint... an immortal warg/FM/assassin kicking ass like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill...

• 4 weeks later...

Jaqen gets Pate to steal the key that will open any door in the Citadel... but he may not have been there for the dragon book , originally. We simply don't know yet. He could be there for all kinds of reasons..e.g. to uncover the true purposes and alliances of prominent maesters , such as Pycelle...to name just one possibility.

That is complete speculation, which is what the post you quoted said. The point was u have turned something you thought up and presented it as reality, and now you have done it again.(I'm guilty of this as well in other threads.)

Archived