If Game of Thrones had American actors?

nepaliman_7

I had always thought Katee Sackhoff would be a good Brienne, but I do think Gwen Christie's nine foot tallness adds a lot to the role, so maybe someone taller... it's one thing you can't quite fake.

Jennifer Wilson would probably make a good Brienne. 6 foot 2 and blonde. She looks kinda pretty but I'm sure they can ugly her up for the role (if they can make Charlize Theron look ugly I'm sure they can make anyone look ugly).

How about Jonathan Frakes (commander Riker) for Barristan Selmy, he's tall, blue-eyed, has a natural kindness in his features and is a believable tough guy despite being 60.

• 2 weeks later...

As an Englishman, I have to say I am puzzled why there aren't more American actors in the series. If it is important they have British accents, there is a growing number of US actors who can do very convincing Brit voices. Things have come a long way since Dick Van Dyke's memorable disaster in Mary Poppins. Gwyneth Paltrow for example, who would have been the definitive Cersei.

A lot of people (on here, and on similar sites) will scream that you lose all realism if you cast American actors in a medieval drama, despite the fact that the show has dragons, dead men walking, giants and 700 foot tall thousand mile long ice walls.

I think because of the location of the filming, most actors need to have EU passports as well.

Archived