[Sample] Arianne I

Ran

I liked the bit alluding to Aurane Waters. It's probably one of those things that will never be officially confirmed, but is pretty much confirmed anyway. I mean "Lord of the Waters" is simply too obvious.

Awesome chapter. I'm actually liking this Daemon Sand fellow. It was also interesting to see Areo Hotah on his way to fight Darkstar. Now it's basically known that we'll see the fight first hand.

There's doubt that Aegon is the real one and while that can be classed as natural behaviour (especially from a cautious Doran) I sense that this is real doubt. No dragons, no Aegon. Doran really wants Dany and even if he will grieve for Quentyn, he is already way too invested in this. But Arianne won't take too kindly to her brother's demise.

Oooh, Arianne does not like Dany... she's already assuming stuff about her that pits them against each other... just like she assumed about Quentin before...

Also, the dream of dragons dancing and people dying where they danced... :o

There's a Jayne on that ship... I'd be careful, that's a bad luck name... :(

I liked the bit alluding to Aurane Waters. It's probably one of those things that will never be officially confirmed, but is pretty much confirmed anyway. I mean "Lord of the Waters" is simply too obvious.

Awesome chapter. I'm actually liking this Daemon Sand fellow. It was also interesting to see Areo Hotah on his way to fight Darkstar. Now it's basically known that we'll see the fight first hand.

I *THINK* the description of his three main ships match that of the Royal Dromons Aurane Waters absconded with, so, yeah. Confirmed every way shy of a large neon sign "HAY GUYS I AM AURANE WATERS THE LORD OF THE WATERS LOL GET IT MY NAME IS WATERS AND I HAVE BOATS P.S. I AM TOTES A PIRATE NOW YAR."

And Aero Hotah going off to fight Darkstar has the smell of a prologue/epilogue chapter about it. Much, I fear, to Hotah's woe. WE might make a jape a minute about how goofy Darkstar is but I have a feeling GRRM means for him to be a factor, so I suspect Hotah will be fed to Darkstar to build him up and so we get the message that Dorkstar is Not To Be Laughed At, Sers.

There's doubt that Aegon is the real one and while that can be classed as natural behaviour (especially from a cautious Doran) I sense that this is real doubt. No dragons, no Aegon. Doran really wants Dany and even if he will grieve for Quentyn, he is already way too invested in this. But Arianne won't take too kindly to her brother's demise.

Pretty much what we always contended about Doran's caution :) Arianne will be the stickler. ...

I really enjoyed this sample chapter. Another mentioning of Krakens is interesting. Hopefully we will get to see one

edit: And I can't wait to see what happens with Darkstar, and if Aurane Waters will have another part to play.

I want to see a kraken too. Blood draws them to the water. That explains the Ibbenese whaler attack as the ship left a trail of or reeked of whale blood.

"They were dancing. In my dream. And everywhere the dragons danced the people died."

This could foreshadow the Dance of Dragons 2.0.

Curious about more mention of krakens rising from the deep around the stepstones.

Seems to be following as everyone has been presuming. Arriane and the Dornish are coming to conclusions that Dany is her fathers daughter and sowing the seeds of doubt that will make them side with Aegon. This almost exactly paraphrases Mace Tyrells assumption and that seems to hint at this becoming a recurring theme. The lords of Westeros will decide Daenerys is insane and not back her. Plus theres a dream about the dragons dancing and everyone dying. Issues like the Dornish hosts melting away is clearly making Arriane urgently desire to declare war and rush into things.

Surprised about Darkstar, I honestly thought Martin was done with him but it looks like Areo and the sand will come afoul of him.

Lord of Waters on the Stepstones. Funny little man isn't he? :)

I might have misread but it sounded like there was also Ironborn ships around the Dornish coast and stepstones. Very odd for Euron to be active in this area unless it involves his wider plan of linking up with Daenerys or maybe ships being sent after Vic when contact was lost after the Maesters death.

Tarth conquered? Brienne is not going to be happy.

It seems like the GC is ascendent at least from the Dornish perspective. They're taking castles left, right and center. Even their elephants have appeared. Things seem to be gathering serious momentum for them. Much as people assumed it would.

I love that we found out that they don't trust Dany AND they are awfully suspicious about Aegon being the real deal. Very cool - leaves some open endedness to how Dorne will interact as the plot moves forward.

Anyone else think Elia and Arya will be fast friends if they meet up? haha

AND I find it encouraging that the information seems to be flowing about Rhaegar and the times close to the rebellion. Apparently Jon Con was a 'friend' of Rhaegar and seemingly overly protective :P

Did I mention that Dorne doesn't trust either of the known dragons?

Darkstar is apparently a bad ass....and a sneaky bastard.

Our dance of the dragons is hinted at via the dream mentioning. I guess it really is fortunate that Jon's potential heritage is still under wraps? haha.

It seems like the GC is ascendent at least from the Dornish perspective. They're taking castles left, right and center. Even their elephants have appeared. Things seem to be gathering serious momentum for them. Much as people assumed it would.

Those precious, precious elephants

Hmm, so people are already assuming that Arianne will want to be a queen herself, jump over Quentyn, so to speak. Not sure what's the significance since Quentyn is very dead. I wonder if her musings about Viserys' death point to the same, not only distrust of Dany.

Can't wait for posters to analyze Arienne's version of playing cyvasse, there had been many interesting posts about previous games. "You need to keep you dragon close" vs. "Move other figures, not only dragon".

Arienne has weakness for pretty boys... Still, one feels that Aegon is too young for her. And Elia outrun her....

Archived