A Public Service Announcement: The Targaryens' (Lack of) Immunity to Fire

So you're trying to say that her shift was burned, even though she only referenced it being dirty? You don't think she'd mention burn/scorch marks in addition to dirt?

No. I am saying I take no position whether it was burned or not. Those who take the position that it was completely unburnt are making unwarranted assumptions. That it was dirty does not prove it was undamaged by fire.

Why on earth should magic spare her clothes this time when it didn't during the dragon hatching???

So. Fire that mystically and magically avoids burning skin can also avoid burning cloth. Or not.

Lol....what? I don't even....

Ok, so apparently trying to use logic is pointless, this is a magical fire-resistant event because you say it is. Gotcha. I'm out.

No. I am saying I take no position whether it was burned or not. Those who take the position that it was completely unburnt are making unwarranted assumptions. That it was dirty does not prove it was undamaged by fire.

Why would she point out that it was covered in dirt but not say that it had burn marks, unless it had no burn marks? Why would she take the opportunity to point out that it was dirt-stained but not scorched? Surely scorch marks would be more dramatic than dirt stains, and warrant more of a mention?

Why would she point out that it was covered in dirt but not say that it had burn marks, unless it had no burn marks?

Why would she? Perhaps she did not mention it because she did not realize how important it is to your argument.

Why would she take the opportunity to point out that it was dirt-stained but not scorched? Surely scorch marks would be more dramatic than dirt stains, and warrant more of a mention?

Why would they be? If she washes it, and some of the "dirt stains" don't come out, then we will know they are really burn marks.

Why on earth should magic spare her clothes this time when it didn't during the dragon hatching???

Why should magic behave consistently to please you?

Ok, so apparently trying to use logic is pointless, this is a magical fire-resistant event because you say it is. Gotcha. I'm out.

She thinks it was. I'm not trying to prove it was a magical fire resitant event. I just think these attempts to claim we somehow know better than Dany are illogical and silly.

Archived