Brienne's one word.

Sun Tzu

JT, you aren't putting one over us are you? :P

thanks for the info though...wow...a slip-up by GRRM, how uncharacteristic.

or the word could be more like : "GYaaaaaaaaaaaa" then she died and then when the band has gone thoros revives her and she continues the journey as a virgin who died and seriously never gets laid. Who'd do a freakish huge, ugly, dead woman?

I'm pretty sure Gregor would.

SPOILER: MAJOR ADWD/TWOW

Brienne will not die where she is left in AFFC or she will come back through R'hllor. GRRM let slip at a signing I attended that Brienne will meet Tyrion.

I would have loved to see what your post said.

CERESI!

Who does UnCat hate more than anyone? The Freys and the Lannisters: Twyin (b/c of Robb and Red Wedding), Ceresi (b/c of Ned, Arya, Sansa), Jamie (b/c of Bran), and Tyrion (b/c of Bran, unjustly, and Sansa). UnCat and the outlaws are focusing on the Freys, I believe, because their betrayal was so violent, immediate, and fresh in what passes for UnCat's memory. The Freys did the actual killing, and they are in close proximity, so she is attacking and killing Freys (and whatever Lions pass her way). But I believe she would most love to have her revenge on the Lannisters, who's machinations began the downfall of her family (starting with Ceresi's targeting of Ned).

Funnily enough, UnCat does not know that one of her own men might have the means to bring about Ceresi's downfall (through her children): Gendry. True, a bastard born would have an iffy claim to the throne, but if it can be proved that Tommen/Myrcella are not actually Robert's children and that he died with no trueborn sons, the bastards might have a pretty good claim. Gendry is likely one of the oldest bastard born sons (Mya is older, I believe, but as a girl does not have a good claim).

Just before being attacked at the crossroads, Brienne realized that Gendry was likely Robert's bastard. B knows how much UnCat hates the Lannisters. She could try, with her last word, to save herself by giving UnCat the means to bring down the Lannister hold on King's Landing.

And you know how to look at it right? You're just choosing not to? Is that what you're saying?

I admit that I am an idiot when it comes to computers. If I could see it then I would've read it.

Just highlight it like you want to copy it or cut or paste it. It should show up.

AHA! I knew that the person in question would live. Thanks for the tip. I learn something new every time that I come here.

CERESI!

Who does UnCat hate more than anyone? The Freys and the Lannisters: Twyin (b/c of Robb and Red Wedding), Ceresi (b/c of Ned, Arya, Sansa), Jamie (b/c of Bran), and Tyrion (b/c of Bran, unjustly, and Sansa). UnCat and the outlaws are focusing on the Freys, I believe, because their betrayal was so violent, immediate, and fresh in what passes for UnCat's memory. The Freys did the actual killing, and they are in close proximity, so she is attacking and killing Freys (and whatever Lions pass her way). But I believe she would most love to have her revenge on the Lannisters, who's machinations began the downfall of her family (starting with Ceresi's targeting of Ned).

Funnily enough, UnCat does not know that one of her own men might have the means to bring about Ceresi's downfall (through her children): Gendry. True, a bastard born would have an iffy claim to the throne, but if it can be proved that Tommen/Myrcella are not actually Robert's children and that he died with no trueborn sons, the bastards might have a pretty good claim. Gendry is likely one of the oldest bastard born sons (Mya is older, I believe, but as a girl does not have a good claim).

Just before being attacked at the crossroads, Brienne realized that Gendry was likely Robert's bastard. B knows how much UnCat hates the Lannisters. She could try, with her last word, to save herself by giving UnCat the means to bring down the Lannister hold on King's Landing.

Ohh I kind of like this idea. Not sure how one could put it across in one word but....it's a cool idea.

Ohh I kind of like this idea. Not sure how one could put it across in one word but....it's a cool idea.

I had trouble with that too. Ceresi maybe (tho GRRM said she shouted out one word, not name) or GENDRY (although i doubt that would stop uncat, she's so undeaded she prob. doesn't know all of her crew's name).

Oh, had to add a bit, now that I've thought more on the subject. Wouldn't it be funny if UnCat sent Brienne on a quest to deliver Gendry to KL to unseat Tommen/Ceresi. I know it would never happen, but it would be a lark to see Brienne on her THIRD quest (the first being to deliver Jamie to KL and retreive Sansa/Arya on behalf of Cat and the second being to chase down Sansa and return her . . . somewhere on behalf of Jamie, neither of which have been fulfilled).

Brienne never liked the name Brienne the Beauty or Wench, might she like Brienne the Incomplete or Brienne the Inefficient any better?

after just having a little read again through this thread, is it not possible old Brienne may get cut down and it will have nothing to do with anything she said. (I think this partly because so many posters are under the delusion that just because Jaime burned Cersei's letter, he's abandoning her...me I think he just burned a letter. This whole "last word" thing could be a similar sort of herring)

There's alot to be said for scaring the bejeez out of somebody then saying, "OK have I got your attention now."

It also occurs to me that this is one way for someone in the BWB to get there hands on what's left of Ned's sword.

And maybe pass it on to Jon or Arya or Sansa at some point?

Just a thought.

Guest macaroni penguin

Now that we know what will happen to Brienne, we probably don't care what Brienne's one word is, but how about "Cut-us-loose-and-I-will-beg-Jaime-to-give-you-a-job-that-will-blow-your-mind."

Brienne never liked the name Brienne the Beauty or Wench, might she like Brienne the Incomplete or Brienne the Inefficient any better?

How about Brienne the Inept.

after just having a little read again through this thread, is it not possible old Brienne may get cut down and it will have nothing to do with anything she said. It also occurs to me that this is one way for someone in the BWB to get there hands on what's left of Ned's sword.

And maybe pass it on to Jon or Arya or Sansa at some point?

Just a thought.

I think it has everything to do with what Brienne said. That one word is what's going to get her cut down from the tree. The question I have is will it save Pod and Ser Hyle too?

I can't see un-Cat giving anything to Jon.

Can't see what Sansa or Arya would do with the sword.

Can't see what Arya the assassin-in-training might do with the remnants of her dad's sword???

Stick in Cersei perhaps????

And I never said UnCat would hand out the sword. I said "someone"

With all the speculating about various BWB members maybe not liking their present circumstances......you don't think it's possible taking Ned's sword and handing it off to someone like Jon or Arya should they happen by.

All I'm saying is like Jaime's burning the letter, Brienne's one word could mean something or not a blinking a thing and if she's cut down it's for some other reason.

We're always saying Martin does the unexpected.....

well...that the word means squat would be unexpected.

Archived