Most competitive character ?

Pod The Impaler

Not all forms of competition are the same, but certain characters seem to need to prove themselves or one-up others.

Who do you think is the most competitive character (out of this list) ? Pick your top 5 and maybe explain.

Jon Snow

Robb Stark

Arya Stark

Robert Baratheon

Stannis Baratheon

Tyrion Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Cersei Lannister

Loras Tyrell

Margaery Tyrell

Arianne Martell

Oberyn Martell

Gerold Dayne

Lyn Corbray

Petyr Baelish

Lysa Tully Arryn Baelish

Ramsay Snow

Walder Frey

Black Walder Frey

Hosteen Frey

Sandor Clegane

Brienne of Tarth

Randyll Tarly

Euron Greyjoy

Theon Greyjoy

Asha Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Walder Frey

Brynden Tully

Jorah Mormont

Strong Belwas

Tywin Lannister

Khal Drogo

Mace Tyrell

"Aegon Targaryen" / Young Griff

Ser Loras is certainly arrogant and rash, with his jousting, tutoring kings and leading assaults. Then there's his sister Margaery the Player, married to three kings. Theon seems to embark on his numerous follies mainly in order to prove himself or pretend to be bigger than he is.

But our sweet Cersei triumphs over them. She's pretty much solely about "It's my time now", "I am Lord Tywin's true heir" and "I rule the Seven Kingdoms". Never mind the fact that she doesn't particularly enjoy rule it or even bother to do it properly. As Baelish put it, 'She wants power but doesn't know what to do with it'.

Tywin Lannister

During the novels there was zero indication that he cared about anything other than the legacy of himself and his House.

The others on the list are known to care about other things than being the best.

LF has the Cat obsession issues, Varys is descreet and I don't think he's in it solely for his ego.

Cersei is the only one that comes close but one could argue the has other interests, like her children(I personally think she uses her children as pawns in her power game)

Whoa, just realized Tywin wasn't on the list.

Hold for Edit

Out of those I'd go with Cersei, she cares about little else than being the awesomest thing on the block

What we've seen of Teana Merryweather seems to be of the same cloth.

I think Jon Snow is rather ambitious and competitive. Wanted to prove that he was more than just a bastard. Decided to go to the wall so he could earn glory and climb up the ladder to the top. Disappointed in his fellow brothers being lowly criminals when he gets there. Eager to become a ranger until Sam pointed out the advantages of being Mormont's steward. Admitted to wanting Winterfell. Readily accepted post of LC of the NW after winning the election.

Archived