You can save one character and you can make one thing happen. What is it?

Azor Ahoy!

So let's say GRRM shows up at your door early tomorrow morning and says:" Good morrow ser, I've heard you're a big fan of my work. I appreciate it so much, so here's a little belated Christmas gift: You can name one ASOIAF character and they will survive the series

Wow, how quick did ya all jump from 'the one' in the OP? LOL

For me, I do get the feeling my choice might change day to day. It might just depend on my mood on that given day. I think today I'll go with Brienne. I want her to survive and return to Tarth with Pod in tow, if possible, and he'll be continuing his training with her as she proceeds to marry someone, have children, and train them all and Pod to be kick ass if they so choose. Plus, Brienne and company will just enjoy the sunset years with her father and the family of blood and bonds (like Pod) that Brienne will bring. I'd like to imagine Brienne enjoying the course she chose in life, passing it on to a friend like Pod, to her children, and still........she'll be able to enjoy the beautities of the Sapphire Island, too. Plus, maybe a nice sapphire studded suit of armor for her, too.

If I don't go with my above Brienne post, I'll go with something for Bran. Just like George of The Jungle and that old song, I do wish Bran would watch out for that.....................................................tree.

Get thee the hell out of there, Bran, FAST!!

Archived