Aegon VI Targaryen Appreciation Thread.

Chatty Duelist

Type in (F)Aegon and i will bash your head in through the screen.

Dedicated to the second best contender for the Iron Throne (Stannis!Stannis!Stannis!), the one who did in half a book what Dany hasn't done in 5+ books.

DuDE, Fuck yeah!

AEGON VI (all caps, yup) Is AWESOME

I dont care about all that "real or not" crap. his arc is good and exciting

eta

He's also got a pretty cool set of supporting cast members. Will probably get involved in the Dorne and The Reach aspect of the story. AND he's near KL, that's bound to stir up trouble.

My only beef is he took/taking SE.That Bastard, he has no right :box:

He's bringing action back into the game, and for that alone he's got my vote. I had no idea how important Robb was to the story dynamic until he died and everything ssssslllllloooowwwwwwweeeedddd ddddddooooowwwwnnnn.

But in addition he seems like he's has as good of an education for a king as you could ask for, seems to tick all the boxes in terms of abilities, and already inspires loyalty in his elders, so I at least hope he keeps things interesting for a while.

In a balanced review, I find him... meh. He's got a little bit of an arrogant attitude and his angry outburst at losing cyvasse isn't doing him any favors but I don't find him all that bad. Problem is, I don't find him all that well-written either, but I suppose that's just to do with his short "screen" time with Tyrion. I don't give him points for landing in Westeros quicker than Dany. Criticize her all you want, she at the very least stayed to try and improve things and learn. Intentions may not count for some, but personally they at least tell me who a character is, and I'd take her naïve passion over Griff's... blandness any day.

I think the cyvasse thing is soooo overblown. Firstly, it was probably his first experience with deception. It would have been odd if he had not reacted.

Secondly, in medieval times a bit of temper in a king was preferred to the alternative. The houses of Normandy and Plantagenet were famed for their choleric outbursts, and even Stephen...possibly England's most affable king...could on occasion put the fear of god into subjects who displeased him.

And third, the guy who was actually there and who rarely likes people found himself liking Aegon even after the cyvasse holocaust.

You might call it a.. cyvalocaust. *YEAHHHHHHHH*

I agree, it's blown out of proportion and real or fake, I don't consider it a sign of madness... but even as first lesson of deception, I don't really think it's a reasonable reaction to it. It was maybe a little immature, but nothing horrendous.

You might call it a.. cyvalocaust. *YEAHHHHHHHH*

I agree, it's blown out of proportion and real or fake, I don't consider it a sign of madness... but even as first lesson of deception, I don't really think it's a reasonable reaction to it. It was maybe a little immature, but nothing horrendous.

Yeah, pretty much. I even think it being his first lesson in 'trust no one' was Tyrion's point/way of helping. IMO his reaction was mostly GRRM showing us he got the message, and then showing us that he got over it quickly/held no grudge. It wasn't a highlight, certainly, but I think it only defines him to people who wanted a reason to do so.

Our FAegon has the potential to make a new house and change the politics of the kingdoms if Varys has his way.... If so then the question of his legitimacy has little value, but of course he isn't legitimate.

But.... Perhaps bringing this pretender out will have more repercussions then merits that Varys intended. Its hard not to remember what Aemon told Sam, that a false idol will only serve to lead everyone astray.

Our FAegon has the potential to make a new house and change the politics of the kingdoms if Varys has his way.... If so then the question of his legitimacy has little value, but of course he isn't legitimate.

But.... Perhaps bringing this pretender out will have more repercussions then merits that Varys intended. Its hard not to remember what Aemon told Sam, that a false idol will only serve to lead everyone astray.

If Jon Connington survives long enough to become the Hand, that is.

Also, I think more westerosi would rally under Aegon and Jon than under Dany even if he's not legit.

Our FAegon

FAegon

You dared. Prepare to be destroyed.

In any case

(f) Aegon is such a great boy... I think he will be good King... Let we hope he survives the Dance, which is not very likely.

Best contenders.

Stannis >>> Aegon > Tommen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daenerys

It is know.

FAegon is such a great boy... I think he will be good King... Let we hope he survives the Dance, which is not very likely.

:agree: Black or Red a dragon is still a dragon. If he had the chance he'd be a good king.

Secondly, in medieval times a bit of temper in a king was preferred to the alternative. The houses of Normandy and Plantagenet were famed for their choleric outbursts, and even Stephen...possibly England's most affable king...could on occasion put the fear of god into subjects who displeased him.

Yeah - William the Conqueror's son (Robert) rose in rebellion because his brothers played a prank on him. Getting a bit annoyed about being tricked seems pretty tame by comparison

You dared. Prepare to be destroyed.

Oh you sweet summer child... People wave with their threats at me all the time, and here I am, strong as always.

Best contenders.

Stannis >>> Aegon > Tommen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daenerys

It is know.

By far, I think that Stan stans have the problem of admitting how much they love Daenerys.

:agree: Black or Red a dragon is still a dragon. If he had the chance he'd be a good king.

Whether he is black or red, it is unimportant. Whether he is capable or not, that is... He would be at least a decent King.

He seems like a cool guy but I'll wait to see how he handles Storm's End/Mathis Rowan and the politics of Westeros before saying he's great. Don't think we've seen enough of him yet but he's got potential and the Golden Company, one of the finest military forces around backing him up so maybe he does have a shot.

Archived