Will Arianne be Queen ?

Here Shaggydog

If she is, it won't be for long. The only way I see her getting to the throne at this point is if she marries Aegon, and I can't see him being victorious in the end. I suppose an argument could be made that if Jon takes the throne he might have to marry her.

She should stay where she belongs and rule Dorne like she always wanted. It would be far safer.

Why exactly do you think she'll be a good queen? She's rash, knows how to nurse a grudge even against her own family, and is easily seduced by good-looking guys

She could learn to be a good queen, why not? But just now I don't think she's quite ready

The only way Arianne will be queen is if she marries Aegon (YG). I still think he marries Sansa but he may knock up Arianne. That is one one-night's stand she would not moon tea after that is for sure.

I like this idea. I'm rooting for an Aegon-Sansa match, and I think Arianne could be more interesting in the role of the spurned suitor than as queen

Why exactly do you think she'll be a good queen? She's rash, knows how to nurse a grudge even against her own family, and is easily seduced by good-looking guys

She could learn to be a good queen, why not? But just now I don't think she's quite ready

I like this idea. I'm rooting for an Aegon-Sansa match, and I think Arianne could be more interesting in the role of the spurned suitor than as queen

GRRM has hinted that history will repeat itself. Targ spurning a Dornish princess for a Stark girl? Sansa is a famed beauty to all that have seen her and her continued virginity strongly hints at her virtue (fit for a King) Arianne, not so much but she is sexy.

Like you said, she could learn and she has shown an openness to learning. Unlike a certain lioness.

<snip

That's one of the things I think LF is planning. The Harry the Heir thing isn't going to come off, nor did he mean for it to, that was just a smokescreen.

I don't think Sansa ever wants to set foot in King's Landing again, sorry but she isn't going back there it just wouldn't make sense. Arianne I think could be the younger more beautiful queen in Maggie the Frogs prophecy about Cersei.

She will likely marry Aegon and be Queen, unless she somehow figures out he's not the real deal

There is some speculation that Doran suspects that Aegon is not who he says he is, but does it really matter? Doran is in it for the long haul and needs someone with a claim to the throne (whether he believes the claim or not) I don't think it would matter to either Doran or Arriene if they found out Aegon was not who he thinks he is (YG really believes it).

There is some speculation that Doran suspects that Aegon is not who he says he is, but does it really matter? Doran is in it for the long haul and needs someone with a claim to the throne (whether he believes the claim or not) I don't think it would matter to either Doran or Arriene if they found out Aegon was not who he thinks he is (YG really believes it).

TWOW Spoiler

There is no speculation. Doran has doubts about Aegon, and even Connington.

"Fire and blood was what Jon Connington (if indeed it was him) was offering as well. Or was it? "He comes with sellswords, but no dragons," Prince Doran had told her, the night the raven came. "The Golden Company is the best and largest of the free companies, but ten thousand mercenaries cannot hope to win the Seven Kingdoms. Elia's son... I would weep for joy if some part of my sister had survived, but what proof do we have that this is Aegon?" His voice broke when he said that. "Where are the dragons?" he asked. "Where is Daenerys?" and Arianne knew that he was really saying, "Where is my son?"

Doran was expecting Quentyn back with Dany and the dragons. But he's getting his "nephew" and mercenaries. He wants to believe it but he's cautious and he is right about it. If he finds out that Quentyn is dead and thinks Dany is responsible, he could support Aegon, fake or not.

If she is, it won't be for long. The only way I see her getting to the throne at this point is if she marries Aegon, and I can't see him being victorious in the end. I suppose an argument could be made that if Jon takes the throne he might have to marry her.

She should stay where she belongs and rule Dorne like she always wanted. It would be far safer.

Agreed. Arianne may well rule for a time as Aegon's Queen but in all likelihood she'll ruin herself in the process.

If she does by some chance survive Dance of the Dragons 2.0 then a marriage between her and Jon might make sense and help resolve differences with the new regime and House Martell, (while giving Jon a bride of Valyrian blood,) but that's a pretty big 'if.' Though, Margaery's constant shifting in husbands shows anything's possible.

Arianne won't die.

Never say that about anyone in this series! It's unlucky.

It is, as I said possible she might survive the Dance and then be allowed to retreat back to Dorne to find a consort-or hell she could actually even be pregnant by that point, and the kid would at least by Valryian blood and even descended from Targs if not actually a legitimate heir to the IT. She might even become Jon's Queen...but there's no question that hitching her post to Aegon will put her in a very, very dangerous position.

I think Arianne will become queen by marrying Aegon. Of course, her reign as queen will be very brief, since Aegon will lose the second Dance.

As to her qualities as queen, she does possess cunning, but she is also rash, selfish, manipulative and rewrites reality to fit her preferred narrative, or in other words, a Dornish version of Cersei. I think Arianne will only grow worse through the second Dance, as Apple said about the first Dance, it reaches a point where just want both sides to kill each other. Arianne will do some pretty terrible things.

Like Illyrio said "To queen her is to kill her." Her crown will cost Arianne her life.

I would guess not. Arrianne has, in theory, learned some lessons. She is now trying to be super cautious. While I'm sure she'll be tempted to pull a seduction act and insist on being a power in King's Landing (meaning Queen), she'll reject the idea out of hand as being to "incautious." She's looking for the easy win for her family.

Instead, I'd look to Margaery to be Aegon's wife. Margaery has already married three would be kings, and I think Martin's joke for her would be to marry four. Tyrell and Lannister relationships are at a pretty low point right now, and a chance to gain the men of the Reach would be to good of an opportunity for him to pass up. Admittedly, something has to happen to Tommen first, but that would hardly be a surprisingly development, would it.

Many many many people take for granted that Arianne and Aegon will get married and she will become queen. While I understand the logic that leads to the prediction, the fact that it's so widely taken as a given makes me cautious.

As for whether or not she'd be a good queen, she is obviously trying to learn from her mistakes and take her father's lead, but she still has a lot to learn and a long way to go. She'd be a better queen now that she would have been when we met her, but at the end of the day when it's all said and done and she's learned all she can she'd still be much better suited to being the Princess of Dorne than the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, imo

Archived