so...where do female white walkers come from

Patch_Face

the only info we got on Others being made is from Craster's sons being converted, so that explains the male white walkers but what about the females

the night king loved a female walker, so we know at least one existed...

any ideas?

the only info we got on Others being made is from Craster's sons being converted, so that explains the male white walkers but what about the females

the night king loved a female walker, so we know at least one existed...

any ideas?

Ah, but I have a theory that they are not truly Others, only Otherized (or live-wighted) humans. They are between the worlds, just like Night's King. Sad, isn't it?

I think the Other women are at home doing the laundry and such female tasks. Someone has to make things comfortable for the menfolk. They're tired when they get back from rangings and need a place to get away from all the pressures of keeping watch for signs of encroaching humans.

To OP:

We don't even know if there are female white walkers. We saw the Night's King on the show, and it's not like his bride was anywhere to be seen.

yeah.... i'm not talking about the show though i'm talking about the books. the night king was known to love a female white walker. that love pissed alot of humans off, north and south of the wall, and had the king of winter and the king beyond the wall to unite against it

In The first book, the nights watch deserter comes across a bloody scene of dead wildlings in the forest. When he returns to show his brothers, the bodies are gone and the little girl that was nailed to a tree stands in front of him...already a ww.

It's a good question. All the WWs are male, yet, The Lord Commander of the Night's Watch was a Stark, who according to Old Nan was seduced by a beautiful female White Walker he became the Night's King and she his Queen. He was also the brother of the King in the North who sacrificed his brothers in the NW to the Others. Also they had offspring.

So where did this single female come from? It might be another of Nan's morality lesson stories or it might be true.

Maybe it's a story like Lilith, Adam's first wife.

That's show :bs:

Up until now, we have encountered actual Others twice. No more than that. Once a handful, once a single guy. In both cases armed, armored and out for trouble, not feeding children.

By the way, how do figure that these Others were all male?

We don't know that the group of Others in AGoT prologue were all male, although I think it would be at least noteworthy for Will that women Others fight with Men (or at least carry out executions and conversions). Still, as you say, there's no real way of knowing atm.

If he could identify them at all. Could you identify the gender of a species you have never seen? I couldn't, not even with cats or dogs, unless they give me the full frontal.

There are certainly no female Others. Imagine the bickering of them: "You have done nothing in the last few thousand years. No invasion of Westeros. No killing of crows. How do you think you can support a family while all you do is moaning about your defeat?"

If there were female Others the gap between the invasions wouldn't have lasted 8000 years.

In the GoT prologue Will said he saw a frozen female in a tree as part of a group of purportedly frozen people. They turned out to be Others and it is possible she was serving as a lookout in the tree. Could be a wight, but would be poor writing imo.

“The camp is two miles farther on, over that ridge, hard beside a stream,” Will said. “I got close as I dared. There’s eight of them, men and women both. No children I could see. They put up a lean-to against the rock. The snow’s pretty well covered it now, but I could still make it out. No fire burning, but the firepit was still plain as day. No one moving. I watched a long time. No living man ever lay so still.”

Will shrugged. “A couple are sitting up against the rock. Most of them on the ground. Fallen, like.”

“Or sleeping,” Royce suggested.

“Fallen,” Will insisted. “There’s one woman up an ironwood, halfhid in the branches. A far-eyes.” He smiled thinly. “I took care she never saw me. When I got closer, I saw that she wasn’t moving neither.” Despite himself, he shivered.

The Other halted. Will saw its eyes; blue, deeper and bluer than any human eyes, a blue that burned like ice. They fixed on the longsword trembling on high, watched the moonlight running cold along the metal. For a heartbeat he dared to hope.

They emerged silently from the shadows, twins to the first. Three of them... four... five... Ser Waymar may have felt the cold that came with them, but he never saw them, never heard them. Will had to call out. It was his duty. And his death, if he did. He shivered, and hugged the tree, and kept the silence.

Archived