GRRM in Portugal

Ran

Sounds lovely and easy, I think I can make it to all events, yay - it´s very peculiar to have such things at some of my very regular haunts. Mindgobbling :stunned:

Anybody else going? Oh and questions anybody wants me to ask at that QA?

[quote name='cteresa' post='1401843' date='Jun 17 2008, 09.52']And anybody interested in dinner with GRRM?[/quote]

I'm going to every appearance, and I'm interested in dinner!
Is there anything already planned?

[quote name='Sir Tiago' post='1405649' date='Jun 19 2008, 12.35']I'm going to every appearance, and I'm interested in dinner!
Is there anything already planned?[/quote]

Nothing yet, GRRM asked me if there were more BWB members around maybe interested in a dinner, so I am checking ;) Maybe something can be arranged, I don´t know if it´s possible. I plan to go to every appearance also, I will see you there !

[quote name='Tyrion the Imp' post='1406900' date='Jun 19 2008, 23.30']I'll be in Portugal for two more weeks, I was planning to go to El Corte Inglés, maybe Fnac Colombo, no Telheiras for me.[/quote]

Great, I hope to meet you there ;)

[quote name='cteresa' post='1411426' date='Jun 23 2008, 16.04']Great Tyrion, I will be there as well! No other activities planned yet, that I know of.[/quote]

Hello everyone,

A dinner would be a nice idea. I plan on going on most of these, except for Telheiras.

[quote name='cteresa' post='1401228' date='Jun 17 2008, 00.48']Oh and questions anybody wants me to ask at that QA?[/quote]
Time for my favourite question again:

If an educated noble (say, Cersei Lannister) were poisoned so as to be glued to the privy seat because of digestive irregularities, wouldn't he suspect poisoning and immediately call for a maester?

Another way to ask the same question: Does Widow’s Blood (or another Westerosi poison) have the effect that the victim is glued to the privy seat for a long time, perhaps hours, without actually being able to defecate? If somebody were to die while under the effect of this poison, would the body decompose in a particular manner?

[quote name='cteresa' post='1401228' date='Jun 17 2008, 00.48']Oh and questions anybody wants me to ask at that QA?[/quote]
It's not really a question, since it would be rude to ask "When will ADWD be finished?" but I would just like to remind you that we (as always) wait with bated breath for every hint of what kind of progress GRRM has made over the last months. Every sign is of interest, no matter how small and seemingly insignificant it may be... ;)

Huh. I live in Telheiras. Of course No Commitment to actually go, since I Have Important Academic Business (ie: i have to beg a job and a master's project).

Yes, I Am Just That Self Absorbed, or IAJTSA for short.

Why the hell did i enter Computer Science anyway. WHY!!!

Edit : By the way if you do go out to eat and you pass in alentejo, before going away (running probably) you could try this delightful and traditional menu.

[url="http://bp2.blogger.com/_rC3J_XRWut8/SFbY9g8IgXI/AAAAAAAAAuE/snkWOm7LahQ/s1600-h/Receitas_in_English.jpg"]http://bp2.blogger.com/_rC3J_XRWut8/SFbY9g..._in_English.jpg[/url]

Ran, yep, what Tiago said, including a source

[url="http://epicapt.com/2008/06/25/george-r-r-martin-em-portugal/"]http://epicapt.com/2008/06/25/george-r-r-martin-em-portugal/[/url]

Lupigis, I will try to put it diplomatically - or at least ask indirectly.

Wienerwald, ouch, I am not sure I can memorize all that or get all the nuanaces ;) but will try :)

No further news about dinner plans, if I hear anything of course will send board messages to everybody here ( and ditto, if anybody hears, let me know please!)

oh, well, who am I to not go along? I got a Night´s Watch tshirt, if I can find it under constrained time schedule, I will wear that ( and I got to go pick up the books, and not sure I decided which to take yet!)

I am noting down the question(s) to make sure I don´t forget.

Archived