Holly Marie Combs?

Quiet Wolf

Got a comment on my blog regarding this, take it for what it is worth.

"I'm friends with someone close to the production - normally would never comment on here - but don't worry - IT'S 100% NOT TRUE."

My guess is that some fan of hers is just putting her name out there in the hopes that she will actually get cast. (IMDb is user editable, just like Wikipedia, for those that don't know.) It seems unlikely she would be cast, given what David & Dan said a few days ago in regards to casting more American actors.

Got a comment on my blog regarding this, take it for what it is worth.

"I'm friends with someone close to the production - normally would never comment on here - but don't worry - IT'S 100% NOT TRUE."

My guess is that some fan of hers is just putting her name out there in the hopes that she will actually get cast. (IMDb is user editable, just like Wikipedia, for those that don't know.) It seems unlikely she would be cast, given what David & Dan said a few days ago in regards to casting more American actors.

I hope you are right.

Great blog BTW!

Its surely a hoax, probably edited/vandalized by some lunatic fan.

I dont know, you cant get much more official than IMDB, it is the industry standard is it not? Surely its not possible for someone to publicaly edit anothers profile, is it? This is VERY interesting...

Never seen her before, thoughts on her in this role? Has she ever done a british accent?

IMDb is user-editable. There is a screening process it has to go through but it isn't 100% fool proof. I've already submitted a request to have her removed, we will see how long it takes.

IMDb is user-editable. There is a screening process it has to go through but it isn't 100% fool proof. I've already submitted a request to have her removed, we will see how long it takes.

Is it that bad of a casting? Not a lot of love for this girl...

I don't have a problem with her as an actress. I think she could do well in the part. But she is obviously not cast in the pilot, so she doesn't belong on the IMDb page. Just trying to keep everything accurate. :)

I dont know, you cant get much more official than IMDB, it is the industry standard is it not? Surely its not possible for someone to publicaly edit anothers profile, is it? This is VERY interesting...

It's not "the industry standard." That would be Studio System which requires a very expensive yearly subscription (like $1000, probably) and which I think you can't even join unless you are legitimately in the industry. I've heard if you pay for IMDb Pro (much cheaper) it's a reasonably good facimile of Studio System - kind of a poor-man's Studio System. Probably good for people making indie movies and such.

She's also apparently in Garth Ennis's Preacher adaptation. Probably some sad, deluded Charmed fanboy.

Not to knock the girl but, somehow I don't think she's on Sam Mendes' radar for that (Sam Mendes currently has Preacher, I have heard). Also, she is SO not Tulip, who I assume she is alleged to be cast as.

To echo what's been said, and highlight a specific point: there's no way that the legitimate casting announcement for a character like Catelyn would appear on imdb before/without some kind of official announcement.

Archived