How Would You Rate Episode 110

Ran

436 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it an 8. Didn't quite grab me as much as I'd hoped, but still very good.

The Ros/Pycelle scene was a waste. I found it impossible to follow his wheezing exposition and ended up checking facebook.

The final scene felt a little anti-climactic, and I know it's nitpicky but it's really bugging me that she didn't lose her hair. Looks a little silly, and she would have only been bald for a little while--by her second chapter in ACOK it is already growing back.

But still, a very satisfying end to a very well done series. Loved how they pulled the sheer misery onto Sansa's face. Loved to hate Joffrey. Loved Robb. Loved "Arry." Can't wait until season 2!!

I gave it a five out of ten. The opening scene was incredible with Sansa. And the camera work of Sansa listening to Joffrey on the throne but not looking at him during court was amazing. But the rest of the episode seemed rushed or dull. It seems HBO showed the Mormont woman and it would be nigh impossible for non-book readers to spot her.

The added scenes with Ros are out of control at this point. It's almost like the scenes are written as self-parody. It's so ridiculous how well connected Ros is. Is she going to sleep with everyone in the story or what? How long until she's banging Euron or Stannis or Areo Hotah?

The added scene with Littlefinger and Varys had painful dialog clearly inserted to baby non-book readers who can't figure out what the jobs of those two are. I appreciate subtle conversation but this conversation was clearly "this is what our characters do". The first non-book scene between them was much better.

Dragons looked decent I guess, but the funeral pyre scene lacked the loud *cracks* as the eggs violently split open. In the books the eggs practically explode thunderously as they hatch. In the show everyone takes a nap while the dragons are hatched.

Marillion being killed by Joffrey? Is that right? What does that mean for the big finale in Storm?

Also props for making Theon even more of a traitor. "I am your brother, you'll have my sword forever". Oops.

Best of the season, IMO. 10/10. It had scenes that made me shiver (King in the North! and Jon's brother returning him), scenes that made me sad (Arya leaving King's Landing as Arry, Catelyn and Robb grieving), and scenes that made me scared (the Night's Watch going beyond the Wall). The dragons were so much better than I thought they would ever be. Disappointed in absolutely nothing!

8/10

I loved parts, but some parts also felt very awkward. I'm not one who is bothered by Ros, but the Pycelle stretches afterward seemed like they were just there for filler. Personally I love the Littlefinger/Varys dialogue.

I wasn't a big fan of the actress portraying Mirri Maz Duur, something about her acting just put me off.

The dragon CGI was fantastic, that's about as good as it gets for a television show, I really don't understand how anybody could complain about the aesthetic aspects of them. Unless the complaint is that they put too much money into the dragons and too little into the rest of the show.

I gave it a five out of ten. The opening scene was incredible with Sansa. And the camera work of Sansa listening to Joffrey on the throne but not looking at him during court was amazing. But the rest of the episode seemed rushed or dull. It seems HBO showed the Mormont woman and it would be nigh impossible for non-book readers to spot her.

The added scenes with Ros are out of control at this point. It's almost like the scenes are written as self-parody. It's so ridiculous how well connected Ros is. Is she going to sleep with everyone in the story or what? How long until she's banging Euron or Stannis or Areo Hotah?

The added scene with Littlefinger and Varys had painful dialog clearly inserted to baby non-book readers who can't figure out what the jobs of those two are. I appreciate subtle conversation but this conversation was clearly "this is what our characters do". The first non-book scene between them was much better.

Dragons looked decent I guess, but the funeral pyre scene lacked the loud *cracks* as the eggs violently split open. In the books the eggs practically explode thunderously as they hatch. In the show everyone takes a nap while the dragons are hatched.

Marillion being killed by Joffrey? Is that right? What does that mean for the big finale in Storm?

Also props for making Theon even more of a traitor. "I am your brother, you'll have my sword forever". Oops.

9/10

I actually liked the scene with Littlefinger and Varys. The back and forth was a nice break from more of the plot driven scenes that seemed to dominate this episode. I agree a bit with the Roz scene, however I think the aim was to show Maester Pycelle's subtle charade... Although that in it self is probably overkill as well.

I liked the last scene. I think if we heard the eggs crack or any sign of the dragons beforehand it would take away from the very moment you see the dragon peak out from her shoulder.

My main complaint is that they should have made this season 12-14 episodes so that they didnt need to rush scenes and jump from plot point to plot point, but since the budget was already so large and it probably wouldn't be possible, I am thrilled with this final episode and the season in general...

Edited by Ser Farbod

The Ros/Pycelle scene was a waste. I found it impossible to follow his wheezing exposition and ended up checking facebook.

I sort of disagree. I could've done without it, but it established that he's not nearly as feeble as he plays, and shows he has his own agenda. It was pretty effective, especially when followed up by the Varys/Baelish scene.

You must have a pretty short attention span lol.

I sort of disagree. I could've done without it, but it established that he's not nearly as feeble as he plays, and shows he has his own agenda. It was pretty effective, especially when followed up by the Varys/Baelish scene.

You must have a pretty short attention span lol.

Only for things that bore me. :)

The parts I bolded seem pretty nitpicky to me, but I guess you can judge the show by whatever criteria you want.

I gave it 10/10 this was by far my favorite episode of the season. So much love, though I agree that the roz seen did feel out of place, but there was so much goodness that even that scene didn't detract from the rest of the episode IMO.

10/10 brilliant. I had a little get together with my friends. 3/5 didn't know dragons were coming and 5/5 squealed when they did. (we're teenagers when it comes to good stories... don't judge :P )

I really cannot think of anything that I didn't like. Well maybe the fact that I have to wait 12 months to see any more... damn it...

EDIT: Can I just add how much I LOVED Old Bear's montage overlapping the march beyond the wall. Effing brilliant.

Edited by Noir Dove