[ADWD SPOILERS] Jaime

Xray the Enforcer

Now we know the town Ser Arlen was from was a real place, Dunk never knew where Pennytree was. We also can surmise Brienne's word was "Sword". I still can't believe Brienne will betray Jamie, but it sure looks like that's what she's planning.

I want to say we match time lines roughly about

Tyrion 9: 525 - 535

The Turncloak: 536 - 548

The King's Prize: 549 - 563

I have been keeping track of chapters and we picked up Arya already at this point so before her chapter.

OMG I am happy/sad to see Breinne again.

Audio note, Roy D F's up her name compared to his earlier pronunciation, before it was Bry Een now its closer to Bry Anne :(

Its awesome to see Jamie again and awesome to see the timeline has finally synced back between all the POVs. Riverlands is finally at a tentative peace again and Jaimie once again shows how much he has changed for the better due his travels with Brienne.

I just can't see Brienne screwing Jaime over. It would be so out of character, wouldn't it?

She did nothing wrong to Catelyn, she owes her nothing -- am I missing something?

I think she could do it to save Pod for instance. I agree she wouldn't do it to save her own life. But she does owe Catelyn for saving her at Bitterbridge, and she knows that Jaime has wronged Catelyn before. Maybe if she got them to promise Jaime a fair trial. She could be his champion or something.

Jaime keeping the King's peace is always fun! I enjoyed the history lesson on the Blackwoods/Brackens and it is nice to know that the War of the Five kings has finally ended in the Riverlands!

Other points:

* It seems like Jaime has resolved to tell Tommen the truth about his parentage, considering he should tell Myrcella as well. That is some really progress and fits in nicely with the theme of accepting responsibility for your own actions.

* I think that Brienne is going to have the first PoV chapter in the next book - with her considering whether she should tell Jaime about what is going to happen even if it means Pod's life.

She did nothing wrong to Catelyn, she owes her nothing -- am I missing something?

She owes fealty to Catelyn. Brienne sworn her sword to Lady Stark.

Then Cat saw she had joined her son's murderers, and sentenced her to dead. Yet still, it seems she spared her life.

So yes, Brienne has some debts to pay... Jaime is screwed.

She owes fealty to Catelyn. Brienne sworn her sword to Lady Stark.

Then Cat saw she had joined her son's murderers, and sentenced her to dead. Yet still, it seems she spared her life.

So yes, Brienne has some debts to pay... Jaime is screwed.

Yesm she did swear fealty -- then Catelyn died.

Yes, she did join Jaime, which was the best she could do to still honor her word to Cat.

She wasn't given a chance to explain, as I recall.

No, she doesn't owe Cat anything. She has tried her very best to honor her oath to Cat, and get the Stark girls. I can't say I know what will happen, but imo there is no way she can screw Jaime over. It would go against everything we've learned of her character.

Brienne is pig-headed stubborn and honorable though. Knowing that Pod and the other knight's lives rest in her hands means she'll act honorably. And as we've seen, most people who act honorably get the short end of the stick.

That's what makes Jaime's transformation all the more tragic. He's finally found his honor (or finally allowed it to come to the surface) which means he's as good as dead.

Brienne lives, thankfully. I was getting worried GRRM might decide to keep us in suspense and not resolve her cliffhanger from the end of AFFC.

I really hope we'll get to see more of Jaime and Brienne's plotline in ADWD and it doesn't end here with another massive cliffhanger.

Archived