Should GRRM have a cameo?

Pretty Pig

Not sure if this idea has been brought up before.

Should GRRM have a cameo in the tv series, a la Peter Jackson in the Lord of the Rings? In the latter case, PJ appeared for a few seconds in all three films, which didn't take away from the drama on-screen, but was enough for the fans to titter about. I found it pretty neat.

Thoughts?

Not sure if this idea has been brought up before.

Should GRRM have a cameo in the tv series, a la Peter Jackson in the Lord of the Rings? In the latter case, PJ appeared for a few seconds in all three films, which didn't take away from the drama on-screen, but was enough for the fans to titter about. I found it pretty neat.

Thoughts?

He could be one of the Lords supporting Renly in ACOK, you could see him in the crowd at the Tourney / Feast for Renly when Cat shows up.

He could have to bend a knee to Joff.

And then show up at Joff's wedding. Maybe even see a shot of him at Tyrion's trial/trial by combat.

GH

• 4 months later...

Before it was brought up that GRRM might have had himself in mind when creating the character of Wyman Manderly, and I think that would be great if he could pull it off. I do want him to have at least one appearance, given that this work of his should be really recognized, but it's all about the extent and ability.

Let's hope his British accent is any good then.

I actually think this would be the one circumstance it could be circumvented. Martin has a really unique style of speaking, and it would make you look past that he doesn't exactly have the accent. The voice is also the primary problem, given that it is such an odd way to speak. I feel like it should be "field tested" to see if he could play any role. I just think Wyman would be great.

The last thing we need is for a time-consuming acting job to pull him away from finishing Winds of Winter.

But if we give him a cameo, let's give him the job of the High Septon after the riot in King's Landing, the one Tyrion picks who Cersei has Kettleblack murder. Not many speaking lines, only there for a while, but an important part and he gets to benefit from the pomp and circumstance.

The last thing we need is for a time-consuming acting job to pull him away from finishing Winds of Winter.

Presumably the series would be complete by the time they get to this part in ADwD. Nothing's perfect, but it's certainly plausible. He's going to visit the set anyways, so go and blame him for that too.

Archived