**Crackpot Theory** Gregor Clegane and Sandor Clegane are Brothers!**

Jaime L

I have a crackpot theory that Sandor Clegane and The Mountain are actually brothers. I'm trying to ferret out the proof in the text....and it's been a slow and arduous process (Hooked-On-Phonics says I'm at a 6th grade reading level)...but I think I'm gradually finding the link.

Granted, I'm not an expert like y'all when it comes to "logic" or "making connections" or "thinking rationally" but I think I finally have stumbled onto the biggest linkage in the entire series. Please, before you shout me out...all I ask is that you read my theories. I've done weeks of research on this...I've even sent my results off to MIT (which I can only assume they're processing as we speak) and I have been sober for at least 14% of the time.

1)I know it sounds crazy..but I think there's evidence to back this up. Like for example, I noticed they both had very similar last names: Clegane. It got me thinking for several hours...why would they have such similar last names??? Who has similar last names? Well the first thing I thought was...married people. And then I spent a couple days ruminating on whether they were married or not. But I didn't think gay marriage had come to Westeros yet...so I went back to my chalk board, and put on my thinking cap and pondered some more over my elaborate multi-tiered equations. And then I thought, "Hey wait, fathers generally have similar last names to their sons!" And that seemed like a surefire truth. But then I thought the Hound was a virgin...because he hits on little girls...so he couldn't be the father. So I went into my basement...and starting mixing various chemicals in my Chemistry set.....and when the mixture turned blue, I thought "Eureka!" What if they were brothers! That would explain why the Hound kept talking about killing his brother!! I just thought he meant Ned Stark the whole time, because they seemed so similar. Ned Stark was the hand and Sandor Clegane had hands.

2) Both Gregor and Sandor have kidnapped Arya at various times in the book. Now, why would characters kidnap that hellbitch if they didn't share similar DNA?

3) But then I thought, George RR Martin is very subtle. Like I realizd that maybe Mya Stone was King Robert's daughter even though her last name wasn't Robert. So I figured if he wanted us to figure this out, he'd hide it within their names. Check this out. Gregor is an anagram of Gorger. Sandor is an anagram of Radons. Coincidence? Well, sure, possibly...but if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, it's probably a cat.

4) Both enjoy long walks by the beach, evenings with friends, and disembowling children.

5) And last but not least, Pg. 544 ASOS U.S. Edition.

It wasn't the first time he [sandor] had talked of killing the Mountain. "But he's your brother," Arya said dubiously.

Now I admit, this one confused me. Why would Arya think a mountain was Sandor's brother? Are they both some form of geological formation? I haven't ruled that out either. And how do you kill a mountain? I mean I guess you could punch it really hard..but I don't know if that will work. I hate mountains too. All big and rocky..and high. Maybe I'll kill one once I get done with this thread.

I forget what my point was, but I did have one. And it was a whopper!

Feel free to try to rip apart my logic all you like. You'll feel pretty dumb when those results come back from MIT.

i can not belive you started this thread.:bow:

this is the most detailed and perfectly founded arguement/theory i have yet to read on the board.

you should be honored, and have vanity threads made in your honor. :bow:

When I win the "George RR Martin's Favorite Reader Award", I'm taking you to the banquet with me CH.

AND THE OSCAR GOES TO:

JamieL for her renditions of "the Brothers Clegane or not to be Clegane"

too funny Jamie, nice job!

Thanks Ashalind! You're filling me with ideas of possibly becoming a playwright...

BTW: I'm a guy. Though I have been called the coolest mother on this board...which I'd be lying if I didn't say, I wasn't a little bit flattered.

Thanks Ashalind! You're filling me with ideas of possibly becoming a playwright...

BTW: I'm a guy. Though I have been called the coolest mother on this board...which I'd be lying if I didn't say, I wasn't a little bit flattered.

i was aware you were male, but take me to that ball and i will still give you a kiss ;)

I stand abashed at your intellectual prowess, Jaime (and your alluring beauty since you are definitely Hotter than Cersei!)

:bow:

I can't believe I missed that connection in the books!! Shit! Expanding upon your theory -- I have a sneaking that Ramsay Snow may be, in fact, the bastard son of Roose Bolton! <---------- should I spoiler that?! :blush:

I stand abashed at your intellectual prowess, Jaime (and your alluring beauty since you are definitely Hotter than Cersei!)

I can't believe I missed that connection in the books!! Shit! Expanding upon your theory -- I have a sneaking that Ramsay Snow may be, in fact, the bastard son of Roose Bolton! <---------- should I spoiler that?! :blush:

damn i missed that one Xray. you and jaime have shown me one thing for sure. i need to go do a reread stat!

i was aware you were male, but take me to that ball and i will still give you a kiss ;)

I have heard you were quick to put out.

Are you sure Sandor wasn't switched at birth.?. I thought I read that somewhere

He was, with Jon Snow, but that's a whole other can of worms! It'll take me another couple months to break out that baby. (So far the proof I've found involves what happens when you play a Beatles track backwards....it actually spells out: Jon Snow..you noble hound!)

:cool: Yeah...see before people would always say..."Well at least he's got the looks..." or "Why are the pretty ones always so dumb?" which would admittedly confuse me, but now I think I'm 65% sure I understood what they were saying. But see after this thread...people can't say that no more.

Do we know for sure that it's Gregor that's down in the dungeons at KL - afterall Sandor left before KL Gregor got there. I bet they switched places and its Sandor in the dungeons and everybody thinks its Gregor.

Or what if they're the same guy!! We've never seen them in the same place at the same time....oh wait, except for the Hand's tourney...which means one of them was clearly a faceless man!!! Syrio=Jaquen=Gregor=Hound

I need to sit down for a moment.

Or what if they're the same guy!! We've never seen them in the same place at the same time....oh wait, except for the Hand's tourney...which means one of them was clearly a faceless man!!! Syrio=Jaquen=Gregor=Hound

I need to sit down for a moment.

:o Hotdamn! I never even thought of that. No wonder I've been so confused the whole series...

This is the stupidest theory I've ever read.

Sure, we all know the dogs have three heads, but who's to say they all have to be Clegane's? Why does Sandor have to have a brother?

I'm pretty sure the other two heads are just going to be Ned and Grey Wind. See, they can even be wolves.

The idea that Gregor is Sandors brother, though? That's just stupid. Obviously they share the same name because they're just a couple of bastards, like those Ramsay and Jon Snow kids. Absolute SOBs.

common it's not the dogs that have three heads it's that greywin has had 2.. first his own and then Robbs.. I thought it was pretty obvious. And ofcourse greywind isn't rly dead, Ned had hired an Fm from the afterlife to save his son.

So the Fm walked up to the twins changed into greywind and let him loose. Now the important part is that we now has realised that greywind is in fact a son of House Stark.

1. The direwolf momma was found in the North (STark territory)

2. The starks has a direwolf on their banner and wolf blood

3. Ned married Cat, who we know rly is a dead woman

4. Ned is actually a perv

5. If Ned is the leader of House Stark and is a perv, the banner most also be a perv.

6. If his childrens are wargs so must he

So obviuosly Ned warged into the direwolf on the banner and had a realation ship with the direwolf momma, because he felt homesick during the war. So the direwolf momma is rly the other woman between Cat and Ned, and rly Jons mother. And later Ned got her pregnant while warging the stark banner.

This also explains why Jon heard Ghost, because he has wolf senses.

It do makes sense.

Archived