Upgrade Changes

Ran

Two new features that I'll tackle right off the bat:

1) Our reputation +1 system has been replaced with a Facebook-like Like system. Find a post that you agree with? Hit the like button! You'll see my own post above features the output, where it notes everyone who has liked the post.

2) Avatars. Big changes here. The separate profile photos and avatars are gone. The ability to load an Avatar from a URL is gone. You now have three options if you want to display an avatar on the forum:

• Facebook Integration -- associate your account with Facebook and you'll be able to log-in with FB Connect, and you'll be able to import your FB profile photo to the forum.

• Twitter Integration -- associate your account with Twitter and you'll be able to log-in with Twitter Connect, and you'll be able to import your Twitter avatar to the forum.

• Gravatar -- Get an account at Gravatar, upload as many avatars as you'd like (I think they allow up to 6), and then here on the forum just insert the e-mail address that has the particular Gravatar associated with it. This last option is best for those who want to keep the forum and FB/Twitter entirely separate from one another.

Is this the right place to post about the new changes?

I think the "Mark forum as read" function is not working. When I click it, then go to a different forum, and come back to it, none of the threads that should be marked as read are indeed marked.

This may or may not be related to that, but the board still seems to have trouble keeping track of the last post I read in a thread. Sometimes, when I click on the "go to new post" icon to the left of the thread title, it brings me to posts that are obviously dated, like from yesterday.

That function only really works right when we're not in 'performance mode' which reduces functionality to keep the server from being overloaded.

Still hoping to move to a more powerful server this month. :)

That function only really works right when we're not in 'performance mode' which reduces functionality to keep the server from being overloaded.

Still hoping to move to a more powerful server this month. :)

Gotcha. :)

So do we need to bring out the donation jar again, seeing as we have such an upswing in membership and use rate following the TV series debut?

Archived