EW Reveals Exclusive New Trailer

Westeros

James Hibberd at EW has the exclusive new trailer for the second seasons of Game of Thrones, with a decidedly different style to earlier trailers as it uses the song “Seven Devils ” by Florence + the Machine (note: big fans!) over images of war and turmoil in the Seven Kingdoms. Many of the shots are those we’ve seen before… but there’s a slightly better glimpse of Pyat Pree, some new dialog from Tyrion that comes from the novel, and some nice shots from Iceland.

Check it out!

Visit the Site!

Love it. As anything GOT these days. I like that they used a modern song this time, attracts a different type of audience maybe? IDK I'm no marketing person. I just hope they will keep the style of music within the show constant to the last season. But I don't really doubt they will.

Not too much new footage, but that last shot of the rider with the Stark banner and Winterfell in the distance...beautiful.

I think visually this season will be even more impressive than the last.

I stumbled across this about an hour ago... and although I like it (cuz its GoT) it just seems so different with the music and the whole Seven Devils things... I don't know... I like the few newer scenes we get -- but I think overall, I'm not a fan...

The *vibe* I get from it isn't as _____ (can't think of the word) as the other 2 trailers.

Love it. As anything GOT these days. I like that they used a modern song this time, attracts a different type of audience maybe? IDK I'm no marketing person. I just hope they will keep the style of music within the show constant to the last season. But I don't really doubt they will.

Not too much new footage, but that last shot of the rider with the Stark banner and Winterfell in the distance...beautiful.

I think visually this season will be even more impressive than the last.

I remember how the gem of film Ladyhawke (1985) was spoiled by an awful an awful score.

The juxtaposition of the contemporary music with the medieval setting was horrible!

Even though the music is good, I’m not sure I like it for GOT… It does not work together well for me… I hope they won’t start putting modern day music in the show! Please no! :frown5: :crying:

I stumbled across this about an hour ago... and although I like it (cuz its GoT) it just seems so different with the music and the whole Seven Devils things... I don't know... I like the few newer scenes we get -- but I think overall, I'm not a fan...

The *vibe* I get from it isn't as _____ (can't think of the word) as the other 2 trailers.

I agree, something about the music sort of ruins the trailer for me. It just doesn't seem as epic with modern music I guess.

I agree, something about the music sort of ruins the trailer for me. It just doesn't seem as epic with modern music I guess.

Yes, that's what it is! It doesn't seem as epic... it just seems... well, kinda like a 2012 TV show :)

Archived