Game of thrones video game complete let down....

cooper56

After playing walking dead game i had hope for this since it was so amazing...but

Gameplay is crap

graphics bad and dated

animation bad

Only good thing was story... but they might as well wrote a book on the stories in game instead of forcing people through the horrible game.

I figured it would be.

I always pictured it as a quick cash in on the show's popularity

No i thought could been good. Tv show was done well. I still cant believe this game was in development for 4 years! So they clam seems like a quick rushed 6 months or a year.

My husband is playing it as we speak, and he's not crazy about it. He went to pick it up and the guy asked if he pre-ordered and he said "no." The clerk rolled his eyes slightly and laughed "yeah, no one did." Guh. It could have been so awesome!

Well, the series isn't even finished yet. We know next to nothing about the Others (the main antagonists), so how could they possibly make something interesting with so many mysteries? Especially when you consider most of the game takes place around the Wall.

It'd be like making a Lost game before we found out about the magic glowing cave. Haha, that still cracks me up...

I actually haven't even heard about a video game, but that's such a shame because it could have been so awesome. Whenever I imagine ASOIAF as a video game I always picture something similiar to an elder scrolls game, but set in Westeros.. Now that would be cool. But yeah, what Lordtoofat2sitAthrone said - probably the wrong board.

Like I posted in the other thread, I am already taking a break and I just started. While listening to Mormont, all I could see was my characters back. Then my game froze, and so now I have to start over. Impressive start. At least I got Max Payne 3 today as well.

The game was not a quick cash in and was actually in development prior to HBO picking up the show. It's problem was the developer. It's a AAA license, give it to a AAA developer. Besides this probably belongs in Objects of Ice and Fire

Cyanide developer's suck.

Yeah, might I just say I pre-ordered the game for some reason. I read that the game was in development for a year or so, so I figured, sure, why not. Bottom line, the game sucks. I played it for like 45 min and turned it off, never to turn it on again. The review on IGN was pretty much spot on. For ASOIAF completists, you do not need this game, believe me, it's pure crap. If you have got that much of a hard on, rent the game and you'll see how bad it is. As for the art book that comes with it, yeah, that's crap also. Nothing good at all about this, move along, and heed my advice. Take that $60 and buy the Iron Throne paperweight instead.

I feel sorry for the fans, a few days ago even Martin was "pleased" with the game.

He has to say that, as it'll mean more people will buy it.

But I feared the game would turn out like crap. Will wait for more opinions to arrive but I fear most will be negative. I don't preorder for this reason, as I was tempted to do with Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2. I always wait for READER reviews these days. Safest way to decided if your hard earned money will be well spent on a € 50-60 game.

Meh, I'm enjoying it well enough. I figured it wouldn't be an amazing game. Just feels like a poor mans Dragon Age. The story's cool and the voice acting is hit and miss. Only about an hour in though so can't say all that much about it.

6/10 to be honest.

What do you expect for a game that's been in development for six months or so? Most all movie/tv series games stink because they're made on an extremely limited time frame.

The game's been planned for 3 years and in full development for 18 months.

We've had people saying the game's been developed over 6 months and others saying 5 years. Neither is true.

It'd be like making a Lost game before we found out about the magic glowing cave. Haha, that still cracks me up...

They did. It was not good.

The game's been planned for 3 years and in full development for 18 months.

We've had people saying the game's been developed over 6 months and others saying 5 years. Neither is true.

They did. It was not good.

I am the one person on the planet that enjoyed the LOST video game. It was a lot like watching an episode and the voice acting was for the most part pretty cool.

The studio, Cyanide, isn't the most prosperous studio compared to Bethesda or BioWare. The game was in development since 2008, maybe even 2007, which could explain why the graphics are not up to today's standards. From the artbook I got with my preorder, they had a lot of good ideas for the game, like a tournament where you joust and were given the option to choose your House and customize a character. But monetary restraints did not allow this to happen. But from the Q&A in the beginning of the artbook, you can tell they really did care about the ASOIAF universe. They know what they are talking about, and they are big fans of the series. It's just that they are not the right studio to bring something as big as this IP to the gaming sphere.

I, personally, like the game. The story is great, and the choices play a big part in it from what I've played thus far.

Meh, I'm enjoying it well enough. I figured it wouldn't be an amazing game. Just feels like a poor mans Dragon Age. The story's cool and the voice acting is hit and miss. Only about an hour in though so can't say all that much about it. 6/10 to be honest.

I'm loving it just based on the fact that I am playing, as a character in the ASOIAF universe. I have only completed Ch 1 so my only real complaint is I wish there was more interaction with guys like Benjen Stark or Maester Aemon, or my favorite Yoren hell even Alliser Thorne.

The studio, Cyanide, isn't the most prosperous studio compared to Bethesda or BioWare. The game was in development since 2008, maybe even 2007, which could explain why the graphics are not up to today's standards. From the artbook I got with my preorder, they had a lot of good ideas for the game, like a tournament where you joust and were given the option to choose your House and customize a character. But monetary restraints did not allow this to happen. But from the Q&A in the beginning of the artbook, you can tell they really did care about the ASOIAF universe. They know what they are talking about, and they are big fans of the series. It's just that they are not the right studio to bring something as big as this IP to the gaming sphere.

I, personally, like the game. The story is great, and the choices play a big part in it from what I've played thus far.

Sadly with how negative the reviews are, I am sure the sales will drop like a brick. Too bad, cause if they got a chance to do a second one I am sure a lot of the stuff they cut would be added into the second game; I would love to be a Bannerman for Stannis.

Yeah, might I just say I pre-ordered the game for some reason. I read that the game was in development for a year or so, so I figured, sure, why not. Bottom line, the game sucks. I played it for like 45 min and turned it off, never to turn it on again. The review on IGN was pretty much spot on. For ASOIAF completists, you do not need this game, believe me, it's pure crap. If you have got that much of a hard on, rent the game and you'll see how bad it is. As for the art book that comes with it, yeah, that's crap also. Nothing good at all about this, move along, and heed my advice. Take that $60 and buy the Iron Throne paperweight instead.
Ouch. Well, thanks for the brutal honesty. So even the artbook is bad? That's sad. And disappointing. I might have gotten the game just for it, cause I love ASoIaF art...

Archived