[Book Spoilers] where is the dragon glass?

turdle

i have to assume at this point that sam is going to be the one to find the stash of dragon glass, but i'm surprised that hasn't come up yet. the way they've been speeding the story up so much, it looks like sam's going to need it by the end of this season.

The recap of the previous epsiode released on youtube is always the 'previously on Game of Thrones' segment of the next episode. Take a look at this recap:

it shows Sam & Co at the Fist. Why would they show them if they aren't going to show them in the episode? Basically we got confirmation that they're in this episode, and most likely to find the stash, what can they do else? Also, we heard the three horn blasts in the first teaser/trailer, so perhaps they're ending the season with a cliffhanger at the Fist?

The recap of the previous epsiode released on youtube is always the 'previously on Game of Thrones' segment of the next episode. Take a look at this recap:
it shows Sam & Co at the Fist. Why would they show them if they aren't going to show them in the episode? Basically we got confirmation that they're in this episode, and most likely to find the stash, what can they do else? Also, we heard the three horn blasts in the first teaser/trailer, so perhaps they're ending the season with a cliffhanger at the Fist?

before the season started i guessed that the season would end with the prolog of asos (or something like it where the 3 horn blasts come), but what a bang this season would go out with if they ended the season with battle at the fist.

before the season started i guessed that the season would end with the prolog of asos (or something like it where the 3 horn blasts come), but what a bang this season would go out with if they ended the season with battle at the fist.

I don't think they're going to show the battle at the Fist. We'll see White Walkers approaching the Fist, three horn blasts, screaming, and credits. Holy fuck, that would be awesome!

I don't think they're going to show the battle at the Fist. We'll see White Walkers approaching the Fist, three horn blasts, screaming, and credits. Holy fuck, that would be awesome!

you're probably right, and next season will start with sam and the surviving NW running (through the woods i guess? though there doesn't seem to be any trees anywhere near them). they'll probably skip showing the battle for budget reasons, but a man can hope.

I think they'll find the dragonglass this episode, and the season will end with three horn blasts. Next season will open with the aftermath of the battle. We will not get to see it. We already know they like to skip battles, and it would take too much extras in a remote part of Iceland to even show enough white walkers climbing the fist to make an impact.

I think we might get some of the battle at the fist in S3. Just the tail end of them breaking free. I mean it would make a good episode climax and with some clever camera work they could make it seem bigger than it is.

i think maybe Sam finds the dragonglass later on, in season 3, when the NW is on the retreat, so it would tie in with him slaying a White Walker. As for the Battle at the Fist, I expect the producers will use some sort of cheap way to gloss over the battle like "wights approaching, blades drawn, fade to black, screams, end credits"

I thinkthey could have a short scene this week establishng what has happened on the fist, have sam find the dragonglass and that would be enoughto set up a cliffhanger of the others attack on the fist for the end of the season

I think ghost is more likely to hunt and eat sam then help him, but.... :dunno:

I just had a hilarious mental image of Sam huffing and puffing through the snow as Ghost closed in behind.

Archived