[Book Spoilers] Dear Writers Who Do Not Answer To the Name George R.R. Martin,

Katydid

THAT is how you adapt an episode, and THAT is how you write these characters.

Absolutely fantastic to finally see The Real Cersei emerge this season.

Tyrion's humor and bravery. The Hound's fear. Joffrey's chicken-shittedness. And the list goes on.

Thank you GRRM.

The Rains of Castamere was awesome and even moreso in the credits.

Tyrion alluding to a wedding being the worst thing in life. Terrific.

Varys talking about being cut and the dark arts. Nice touch.

Everyone was pitch perfect- Tyrion, Cersei, Bronn, Sandor, Sansa, Stannis, Davos and no BS in the other parts of Westeros and Essos despite the credits map.

Totally blown away.

GRRM did write a brilliant episode. However, I gotta hand it to D&D for all that they have done to take this from book to screen and they have done a fantastic job working the source material in with the various constraints. I don't think enough people give them the credit they deserve and that's a shame.

Absolutely fantastic to finally see The Real Cersei emerge this season.

The problem is that show Cersei is a better and more interesting character than book Cersei. Book Cersei is practically a Disney-villainess and pretty much Martin's worst-written characters, especially once she gets a POV. The non-Martin writers have improved on Cersei as far as I'm concerned.

I'll just write it off as the stress of the situation and the wine bringing out the worst side of her.

GRRM did write a brilliant episode. However, I gotta hand it to D&D for all that they have done to take this from book to screen and they have done a fantastic job working the source material in with the various constraints. I don't think enough people give them the credit they deserve and that's a shame.

By and large they do. This site just has more than its share of nitpickers.

:agree:

I can not agree with this more...

GRRM is putting his name on this series. If any of the writing or producing would have offended him to the extent that we read about here, I am absolutely positive that he would have withdrawn. Instead, he is writing in the parameters of what has already been written a good portion is not exactly like he wrote it in his books. D&D has done a brilliant job of setting us up for this climax.

Archived