(book spoilers)Shae

Silverx2

Something that seemed odd to me this episode occurred when Shae pulled Sansa aside and told her to go back to her room and bar the door. At this point Sansa asks Shae to come with her when Shae responds "I can i need to say say goodbye to someone first"

Normally you would expect that person to be Tyrion, however in this case it doesn't make much sense.Tyrion is out fighting, Shae going with Sansa isn't going to prevent her from speaking with him should he survive the battle. This leads me to believe that Shae is going off to see someone else before going to a safe place in the city, i think maybe she has been meeting with Varys possibly leading up to a setup later on where she ends up in Tywins bed.

Otherwise what is she going to do, run out to the battlements to look for Tyrion?

Actually, that would be my guess: Shae would assume that Tyrion's atop the walls himself, overseeing the battle and relatively easy to find. But this does raise the question: Does Show-Shae love Tyrion to the point that she wants to say goodbye when she thinks she's going to die? Then how does Cersei buy her off in Season 4? With golden promises? If Shae loves Tyrion, she won't sell him out for riches. With threats? Show-Shae's been established as a "bad-ass prostitute" who wears a knife on her person like a professional assassin and is accustomed to pain. Somehow I can't imagine her selling out on Tyrion "just" because of the threat of further torture.

Then again, there's also the likelyhood that's she's lying to Sansa and just wants to get rid of her so she can escape the city by herself.

I suspect that they are going to make Shae 's turn more rational from her point of view, where it was kind of convoluted in the book. I have to say after initail reservations, I sort of like what they have done with Shae character. I find her much more interesting then the book and I think thye have managed to do it without sacrificing that much of her character. I too think the person she wanted to see is Varys.

I suspect that they are going to make Shae 's turn more rational from her point of view, where it was kind of convoluted in the book. I have to say after initail reservations, I sort of like what they have done with Shae character. I find her much more interesting then the book and I think thye have managed to do it without sacrificing that much of her character. I too think the person she wanted to see is Varys.

Agreed. I'm not sure if they'll change things around and/or show it in s3, but TV Shae would almost certainly be scheming to get out of Kings Landing, thinking it's just about to get taken. She was all daggered up to go. And as Tyrion is out fighting and probably dead already (as far as she knows), Varys is the most logical man to go to. Let's not forget, they're drinking buddies now. He's probably offered to help her already (in the show universe), even if it's all a manipulation. Would she be naive enough to think he'd help her escape with no ramifications though? Maybe not, or maybe yes...either way, she's shrewd enough to make her own bargains and would probably try. Perhaps she thinks he'd help Sansa escape too, and I have a hunch the writers will go for that option over Littlefinger's help, who so far has been pretty absent from Kings Landings affairs, wining and dining with Tywin Lannister and everyone else in between.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, that would be my guess: Shae would assume that Tyrion's atop the walls himself, overseeing the battle and relatively easy to find. But this does raise the question: Does Show-Shae love Tyrion to the point that she wants to say goodbye when she thinks she's going to die? Then how does Cersei buy her off in Season 4? With golden promises? If Shae loves Tyrion, she won't sell him out for riches. With threats? Show-Shae's been established as a "bad-ass prostitute" who wears a knife on her person like a professional assassin and is accustomed to pain. Somehow I can't imagine her selling out on Tyrion "just" because of the threat of further torture.

Then again, there's also the likelyhood that's she's lying to Sansa and just wants to get rid of her so she can escape the city by herself.

I think Show Shae is in love with Tyrion but that will change once Tyrion beds/weds Sansa. Remember the show is different than the books and they may add some loving between Sansa and Tyrion. That would create jealously and pain in Shae making her ability to sell him out for a new husband with lands and gold more lucrative.

Remember a woman scorned is easy to manipulate if you focus her anger.

• 1 month later...

I don't like this, it's losing it's dark theme though, Shea was a whore and that was all. She was there for the money, the moment Tyrion couldn't offer she left him. In the show their trying to excuse every characters mistakes and issues with some monologue and story from their past and how they've been wronged. It's losing it's touch, we get it everyone suffered.

Archived