[BOOK SPOILERS] The onion knight?

thetoddsays

I know ser Davos survives the battle of blackwater bay in the books, but his ship was off to the side of the fleet, and he could tell something wasn't right. In the show, his ship was right in the middle of the wildfire explosion. How can he still be alive on the show? Thoughts anyone? Has the fire God claimed him?

He was clearly shown being blown of the side of the ship towards the water. We know from 100 years of cinema explosions hardly kill anyone...I'm not even entertaining the idea he might be dead...there's no way they cast that guy for 4 episodes of one season.

Yep, this ^

Even if you haven't read the books, being blown "to safety" like that screams that we're not done with him yet.

They've killed off so many folks alive in the books, I am wondering if Tyrion is alive!!! Dinklage may be tired of playing Tyrion and want to move on to other projects but they could always cast someone else in his role, "the show must go on."

But I don't know, I thought so but when that sucker went up the way it turned that portion of the fleet to ashes, it would take a supernatural MIRACLE for Stannis to be alive but hey ain't this a FANTASY series???? :cool4:

I got the vibe he was drowning in the books but then I kinda knew he'd live because I'd picked up a later book to "have a look" in a shop and noticed his name as a POV chapter heading. D'oh!

I guess he could swim underneath the wildfire as his explanation for surviving. Would be a nice addition to the TV show if he suffered severe burns though. Not the Hound level of burns but perhaps an arm or his neck.

Archived