(Book Spoilers) The last scene for each episode of season 3?

StappyNappy

hey first time poster so if i make any mistakes my bad. lol. the point of this topic is to discuss what you think the last scene of each episode of season 3 should be. so far i got:

episode 8: RW

Episode 10: My sequence would be joffrey dies. sansa escapes with littlefinger. then cat comes back to life.

Episode 7: Arya gets kidnapped by the hound.

Two more i'm not sure where to put: The Killing of Lord Commander Mormont. And Daenerys taking over Astapor with the Unsullied.

So what do you guys think?

Thought about it some more the last couple of days. and went through the book again to figure out the correct order.

Epi 1: Davos gets thrown in jail

Epi 2: Tywin tells Tyrion to marry Sansa.

Epi 3: Jaimie's Hand

Epi 4: 3 Leeches (happens later in the book but it would be boring to have Davos locked up for more than 3 episodes and you want to set it up before the kings start dying.

Epi 5: Dracarys

Epi 6: Killing of Craster and Mormont.

Epi 7: The Hound kidnaps Arya.

Epi 8: RW

Epi 9: Queenscrown

Epi 10: Purple Wedding/UnCat

Seeing as how Book 3 will be split into two seasons, I don't see them doing the PW in season 3. It will probably be in season 4. I do, however, think the RW will be episode 9 of season 3. So far, all the epic tragedies have happened in episode 9. (Ned's beheading, Blackwater)

1. Theon meets Ramsay (alternatively - Jon meets Mance, or Bran meets the Reeds)

2. Davos is arrested (alternatively - Arya taken by the BwB, or Arstan Whitebeard saves Dany's ass)

3. Arya reveals her real ID to the BwB

4. Sam slays a White Walker

5. Jaime's hand gets owned

6. Dracarys

7. Night's Watch Mutiny

8. Queenscrown scene

9. "Mother!" scene at Yunkai

10. Red Wedding

I'm reasonably confident about 5-10. That is assuming they don't merge Astapor and Yunkai, which is a rumour being floated. Joff's wedding won't in season 3 for pacing reasons - it'll be about half way through season 4.

I'm thinking:

E1: The battle at the Fist.

E2: Davos thrown in jail.

E3: Jaime loses his hand.

E4: Sam the Slayer.

E5: Tyrion and Sansa's wedding.

E6: Hound vs. Beric ending with an onscreen kiss of life perhaps.

E7: Burning the leeches and then Balon's death.

E8: Sam and Gilly rescued by Coldhands.

E9: The RW.

E10: Dracarys.

Not too sure about the first half, but the later episodes I'm fairly confident with.

This is hard to do because we don't know exactly how much of book 3 will be in the show (it's allmost certain that in won't be 100%) so it's allso hard to predict hwo the material is distributed among the various chapters.

So far I only put my money on the burning of the leeches and "The usurper: Robb Stark!" line. It's very ominous, and when I read the book the scene practically screamed "episode cliffhanger" at me.

• 4 weeks later...

E1: Dany meets/is saved by Arstan / Jon is accepted by Mance / Retreat from the Fist

E2: Davos thrown in jail

E3: Jaime loses his hand

E4: Sam kills an Other

E5: Stannis burns the leeches ("The usurper: Robb Stark." Final shot: leech writhing in the fire followed by close-up of Stannis' face with Mel over his shoulder.

E6: Dracarys

E7: Jon escapes from the Wildlings at Queenscrown

E8: RW (final shot of the Twins, from across the river at an angle, seen through a torrent of rain)

E9: Ygritte dies in Jon's arms / Jaime rescues Brienne from the bearpit

E10: PW (ends with Cersei accusing Tyrion) / the slaves shout "Mysha" as Daenerys frees them at Yunkai

The Mutiny at Craster's is another great ender that would fit around ep. 6 or 7, but the given endings are still stronger. There's going to be a plethora of options for great ending scenes in the second half of the season.

Going by the "Endings of Ice and Fire" theory, I'm reasonably confident that Season 3 itself will end with either "Dracarys" in Astapor, or Melisandre burning Alester Florent alive to obtain favourable winds for the trip to the Wall, while a grim Stannis and a horrified Davos look on.

I believe George R.R. Martin is writing episode 7 (Autumn Storms), so I am going to assume that is the Red Wedding.

I think they'll make some changes, though:

In Episode 1, Sam will take an obsidian dagger from Littlefinger & kill the Other.

In Episode 2, Tywin will propose to have Tyrion marry Ros instead of Sansa.

In Episode 3, Littlefinger will employ the Brave Companions and have them seek out Jamie & Brienne.

In Episode 4, LF will visit the Iron Islands with Ros and Balon Greyjoy will fall to his doom after sleeping with Ros.

In Episode 5, LF will duel the champion of Meereen Oznak zo Pahl, defeating him with a poisoned spear given to him by Ros.

In Episode 6, LF then meets with Roose Bolton and Walder Frey at The Twins

and so on & so forth.

Thought about it some more the last couple of days. and went through the book again to figure out the correct order.

Epi 1: Davos gets thrown in jail

Epi 2: Tywin tells Tyrion to marry Sansa.

Epi 3: Jaimie's Hand

Epi 4: 3 Leeches (happens later in the book but it would be boring to have Davos locked up for more than 3 episodes and you want to set it up before the kings start dying.

Epi 5: Dracarys

Epi 6: Killing of Craster and Mormont.

Epi 7: The Hound kidnaps Arya.

Epi 8: RW

Epi 9: Queenscrown

Epi 10: Purple Wedding/UnCat

I like all of those. That's probably it, except maybe the leeches replaced with either Sam the Slayer or The Horn of Winter,

But if you 4 like you said, maybe you can end 5 with Balon Greyjoy's death.

I believe George R.R. Martin is writing episode 7 (Autumn Storms), so I am going to assume that is the Red Wedding.

I think they'll make some changes, though:

In Episode 1, Sam will take an obsidian dagger from Littlefinger & kill the Other.

In Episode 2, Tywin will propose to have Tyrion marry Ros instead of Sansa.

In Episode 3, Littlefinger will employ the Brave Companions and have them seek out Jamie & Brienne.

In Episode 4, LF will visit the Iron Islands with Ros and Balon Greyjoy will fall to his doom after sleeping with Ros.

In Episode 5, LF will duel the champion of Meereen Oznak zo Pahl, defeating him with a poisoned spear given to him by Ros.

In Episode 6, LF then meets with Roose Bolton and Walder Frey at The Twins

and so on & so forth.

Those gave me a good laugh. :lol:

But LF meeting Roose and Late Lord Frey seems pretty possible to me.

1. Davos thrown in jail

2. Tywin proposes Tyrion marry Sansa

3. Jaime gets a handy lesson in humility

4. Sam the Slayer

5. Beric vs Hound with revival shown on screen

6. Dracarys

7. Jon escapes Queenscrown

8. Sam and Gilly saved by Coldhands

9. Panaromic shot of RW to Rains of Castamere

10. Mother

• 2 months later...

1. Jon meets mance raydar

2. Davos is arrested/jorah kisses daenerys

3. Aryas ID revealed/samwell escapes to the fist from white walkers

4. Sam the slayer

5. Jaime's hand/jon scales wall with the magnar's host

6. Dondarrion brought back to life after hound beats him/Dracarys

7. Jon flees from Queenscrown

8. 'Mother!' at Yunkai/Sam meets Coldhands/Arya attempts to kill clegane

9. RW

10. Ygritte's death in jon's arms/Sam taking Bran through black gate/Daenerys dismisses Jorah and Barristan

Some people don't know they are splitting Book 3 for two seasons, it seems. There is no way they will use both Red Wedding and Purple Wedding in S3.

They may use UnCat reveal at the end of S3 MAYBE, but I would still prefer them to wait untill the end of S4, so we completely forget about her and her death is long accepted by everyone..and bam she is there with her throat slit..

Archived