Finished the book

Distorted Humor

Third time is the charm....

First two times I put it down with Greyjoy and his sister, seemed a little too much brother sister stuff going on in the books. Third time I got that she was just being cruel to him. And was able to complete the book.

notes: Spoilers to the end of ACOK

My thoughts....

Daenerys - I found her chapters to e a decent change of pace at first, but quickly became boring. Ser Jorah Mormont makes the chapters worth reading. The Free Cities seemed boring.

Jon - I found the chapters fun reads, even if my heart broke when he had to play the role of a oathbreaker. I assume Ygritte will become important.

Seaworth - I loved reading chapters from the Onion Knight, I hope the battle was not the last we have seen of him.

Tyrion - Good Chapters, but the battle sequence almost breaks the character, except when you find out he now even more maimed then he was before.

Cat - Almost felt that her role was to be a narrator and her chapters felt a little empty.

Arya - She turning into a little phycopath

Sansa - She has a lot of her dreamworld ripped away, and Jeff is a jerk. However, I sense that Littlefinger needs a wife, and she is the image of her mother, who was his first love. Could be sweet, but I bet it will be creepy.

Bran - Glad I read it a few times, it took me a while to understand what was going on with his chapters, but the frog-eaters are some of my fave minor characters. There dead was the only one who lived though a epic fight with Ned Stark, and his kids seem just as skilled.

Theon - Fool

Non-POV thoughts

Stannis - I guessing with the great defeat, he will latch even more strongly to his red lady.

Renly - Hardly got to know you.... He gets the "Ned Stark shocking death award" for ACOK.

Jeff - I do hope he dies, wonderfully awfully.

Yoren - Cool dude, RIP

LIttlefinger - I love this guy, yes, he would sell his own mother, but you never know to whome....

Boltons - Well, that is a messed up family.

Chersi - lot of character development.

Robb and Jamie - Off stage, I bet the TV show will have a fit in altering it as it would be hard to have two main characters off screen for most of the season.

Other thoughts

Is Selmy going to Daenerys??

What is the next step in littlefinger ending up King of the seven kingdoms?

Will we get to meet House Martell<sp> in the next book?

• 3 weeks later...

Third time is the charm....

Other thoughts

Is Selmy going to Daenerys??

What is the next step in littlefinger ending up King of the seven kingdoms?

Will we get to meet House Martell<sp> in the next book?

Glad you enjoyed the book. You should be in for a real treat as Storm of Swords comes next, which is my favorite book.

As to your questions, for the first 2 RAFO. You will meet the Martell's in ASOS, but that's all I'm saying.

Happy reading.

Archived