The Hedge Knight: Hardcover

Roboginger

I have a copy of: The Hedge Knight: in Hard cover

http://gentlyfalling.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/51szael5jvl-_sl500_aa300_.jpg

I have seen softcover version being sold for 250+ dollars and on ebay the hard cover for 60+ dollars, Is the Hard cover a new version or something? whats with the cost difference.

And if anyone knows the actual worth that would be nice.

The 1st printing and revised 2nd printing of the Hedge Knight trade paperback came out first from the comics' original publisher; the 2nd printing contained, additional new material and is generally a bit more collectible--it also has a different, variant front cover, too. (I have both, along with the orignal comic issues and their variant covers.) Be aware which issue you're looking at.

Marvel's later-produced hardcover, while quite nice, is newer. I suspect it had a larger print-run, too, which may account for it being currently priced lower; not having looked through a copy I don't know if it had mutiple printings, which would be a factor in its the collectible price. I've considered buying the hardcover but so far haven't; I should probably do so before prices begin to escalate out-of-site.

If I was going to buy just one of these, though, it'd be the revised 2nd printing of the first trade paperback. But I'd check the most recent Overstreet Price Guide for some guidance on current prices = collectability.

Chances are The Hedge Knight's you are seeing for $250 is the short story version of the tales. The Hard/Soft cover of the graphic novel is valuable but not as much as the short story. I rarely ever see the hardcover versions up for sale of the graphic novel (the picture you posted) or its variant version. Only 2 auctions on ebay of hardcovers that I could see right now both for $150 +

They were released when the HBO contract wasn't even in someone's imagination yet. The hardcover graphic novels were not printed in large supply at all, they went to paperback quickly and thats what you see most often offered for sale.

I would probably think you could get $125-175 realistically for a hardcover version of the graphic novel. Mine is still in its original shrink wrap but sadly my variant version came without shrink wrap :(

• 7 months later...

I ended up buying Hedge Knight and Sworn Sword hardcovers, both still in shrink wrap, for $100. I think I made out pretty good. Obviously there is no way to tell without opening them, but i would guess they are both 1st printings, right? I read that the hardcovers were only released in a small run so I'm guessing (hoping) they only did one printing.

I recently pick up a near fine copy of the 2003 1st print softcover Hedge Knight for $7. I thought I did pretty well. Does anyone know what the print run was on this? I saw some of the hardcovers for cheap also but didn't buy them since was only looking for the softcover original version. Guess I messed up?

I recently pick up a near fine copy of the 2003 1st print softcover Hedge Knight for $7. I thought I did pretty well. Does anyone know what the print run was on this? I saw some of the hardcovers for cheap also but didn't buy them since was only looking for the softcover original version. Guess I messed up?

While buying the HC's definitely would've been a smart move if the price was right, getting that softcover for $7 is a deal and a half, those sell go for $100+ on eBay on the reg.

Archived