A really cool castle for your miniatures...

Master of Coin

A friend of mine, William Chesser, has been working on his "Castle" project for several years now, and just got the prototyping done on all the parts. They're doing a kickstarter campaign to raise the cash to create the injection molds to produce the parts. Here's the kickstarter page!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/castlefoundry/castle-the-modular-construction-system

William is an obsessive perfection freak, and these things are going to be awesome at a level not seen before. I've known him since he was in high-school and can vouch for his honesty, drive, and sincerity. I'll be kicking in!

The idea is that it's a modular system that snaps together. A little like Lego except WAY cooler and much more adult oriented. The texture of the stones is actually modeled on real stones. As you collect the different parts you can build the castle any way you want, with corner towers and portcullises and all the trimmings. It would be the perfect thing to go with your hand-painted miniature figures!

Please check it out if this sort of thing interests you at all!

Tom Maringer

Shire Post Mint

Hey all,

This is William, one of the creators. Incidentally, Tom let me strike the first ever faceless man coin. I still have it. Thanks Tom!

We're really excited about the project and I am happy to answer any questions you might have. We would love your support. We're already half way to funded after just 4.5 days, but we really want to cross that threshold and then start racing to our stretch goals, which are really awesome. Hope we can get your support. Thanks!

W.C.

Have a projected overall retail cost for a *completed castle* (as shown in the animatic), once the modular kits become available? Can a third tier/story be added?

Also, I'm wondering if GRRM wouldn't be interested in being one of your investors, being the *very* serious medieval minatures and diorama collector that he is; certainly worth sending him a prospectus and video link on this project for his consideration.

Dear Ser Kennos:

The completed castle in the video would cost $555US. However, it should be noted that the curtain wall that comes in the kit is significantly larger than the one shown in the video (16 inches to the inside of parallel walls as opposed to 12).

We would VERY much be interested in GRRM's patronage, investment, or other support, of course, and are very sensible to the compliment you have paid us. Thank you very much for the advice. If only we knew a good way to contact him...

Sincerely,

William Chesser

CEO - The Castle Foundry

I had a look at the webpage - and I bookmarked it although you're not shipping overseas.

I live in Germany, and German miniature collectors and "Warhammer" gamers would certainly love your system. You could go to "Spiel!" in Essen next year and show it to German and international gamers.

Perhaps I'll find a way to support your system.

Imagine, having an official "Song of Ice and Fire" license when going into production so you could also brand a portion of this system specifically for use with Dark Sword Miniatures' GRRM fantasy figure series. It's a marriage made in Westeros! Stating the obvious, just one more possibility for its use.

If memory serves, GRRM's e-mail addy is available at his main website page; unless someone else here can provide you with his office contact info.

Archived