if the dothraki invaded westeros?

orys baratheon no.2

Personally I don't think anyone would join them. Bringing a Dothraki horde at her back would make enemies out of all of Westeros for Dany. The Dothraki are not a conquering people, they are a raiding and pillaging people. Pretty much the Ironborn on horseback (in terms of warlike personality). Westeros would look at Dany not as a savior but as the enemy if she brought the barbarians to their doorstep.

The Dothraki have had a lot of success in Essos but they are mostly dealing with independent and militarily isolated city states there. In Westeros where there are actually unified kingdoms in alliance with each other the Dothraki would doubtless cause a lot of havoc at first, riding and raiding with impunity especially harming the smallfolk. But once the kingdoms all united against the common foe the Dothraki would surely fall against their might. The Kingdoms could even use scorched earth tactics in order to starve the horde and with winter coming that would be another tool they could use against the Dothraki who probably aren't use to such conditions. Eventually the Dothraki would be annihilated, although considering how much I despise their culture that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Dothraki arakhs are meant for unarmored opponents, a knight would crush a Dothraki rider. And Westeros would unite against a common enemy. And if you want 40,000 Dothraki warriors in Westeros you need to transport them and like 60,000 horses over the sea. They will lose significant numbers, Westeros will know about them coming, they can't sneak in and they have no base of operation. Basically they land tired, and then two or three united great Houses crush them.

They would be defeated. As Harlard Hard-Ruler already pointed out, the Seven Kingdoms are a united Kingdom and not rich, isolated cities who can give them gifts so they're not attacked by them. I am sure the Dothraki are good fighters, but they are also stupid. They do not wear armor for example, because they believe in their strength. However, when you have 25000 light-armored Dothraki fighting against 25000 heavy armored Westerosi soldiers, I am friggin' sure the Dothraki would be all dead after a while. Maybe with high casualties at the Westerosi side, but Westeros would win nonetheless. One Dothraki army cannot defeat the whole of Westeros, not without using dragons and a Field of Fire. Westeros would rise as one nation and fight the shit out of those Dothraki.

Afterwards, Westeros would be a not-so-united Kingdom anymore, but that doesn't matter. When they stand as one, they annihilate the Dothraki. Heck, even Dorne alone could win from them.

Afterwards, Westeros would be a not-so-united Kingdom anymore, but that doesn't matter. When they stand as one, they annihilate the Dothraki. Heck, even Dorne alone could win from them.

Would be pretty funny if they landed somewhere in the North. Even one major Stark vassal would end them in winter.

Would be pretty funny if they landed somewhere in the North. Even one major Stark vassal would end them in winter.

HAHAHA I even forgot about that, was thinking about summertimes. In Winter the Dothraki would freeze to death immediately, not even an army needed for that. :P

The thing is too that they are not just an army they are a massive group of people following a leader. How would they deal with even one relatively minor defeat on foreign soil? Probably not well. If their Khal was to die they would probably become extremely fractured. If they suffered too many casualties they would possibly even turn against Dany for making them leave their homeland to fight and die in a far off alien land beyond the sea they fear.

The thing is too that they are not just an army they are a massive group of people following a leader. How would they deal with even one relatively minor defeat on foreign soil? Probably not well. If their Khal was to die they would probably become extremely fractured. If they suffered too many casualties they would possibly even turn against Dany for making them leave their homeland to fight and die in a far off alien land beyond the sea they fear.

20000 angry men would surely find a way to punish dany :(

Step 1: The Dothraki would have to gather ships upon ships upon ships upon ... you get the meaning.

Step 2: Stannis, Paxter Redwyne and Victarion Greyjoy have a nice little contest: "Who sinks the most ships?"

Step 3: The coastal Lords have a contest: "Who gathers more Dothraki heads when they are limping ashore spread over several thousand miles?"

Step 4: The inland Lords would have a contest: "Who cleans out the unorganized, fleeing and pillaging trash in his fiefdom first?"

Step 5: No more Dothraki.

The only danger to Westeros is step 4, and only because a bunch of murpillaping savages causes civilian unrest.

If you get them on ships in the first place (they are deathly afraid of the "poison water"). And you get their horsies on ships, with enough fodder for the voyage over the Narrow Sea. And the Krakens don't get them. Then when they land they are confronting Lions, Stags and Direwolves, not Lamb People. In a snowstorm, wearing their cute rawhide vests. I don't predict a good outcome.

Nymeria (the dire wolf, not the Sand Snake) and her pack would clean up the stragglers.

Step 1: The Dothraki would have to gather ships upon ships upon ships upon ... you get the meaning.

Step 2: Stannis, Paxter Redwyne and Victarion Greyjoy have a nice little contest: "Who sinks the most ships?"

Step 3: The coastal Lords have a contest: "Who gathers more Dothraki heads when they are limping ashore spread over several thousand miles?"

Step 4: The inland Lords would have a contest: "Who cleans out the unorganized, fleeing and pillaging trash in his fiefdom first?"

Step 5: No more Dothraki.

The only danger to Westeros is step 4, and only because a bunch of murpillaping savages causes civilian unrest.

Exactly what I've been repeating on this thread. The Dothraki will die like flies slapped on a wall. *snap* just like that. If the Unsullied land now...thats a different case

If the Unsullied land now...thats a different case

Why? Sure they are the best "not-sellswords" in Essos, but is there at least one case where they have fought against a well organized westerosi army and won and not some of those ridiculous armies that you can find in Essos? I won´t say they aren´t great troops, but their Phalanx seems a bit outdated to me.

Archived