Dany and Vaes Dothrak

Black Wolf Smith

To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Now that Dany has found/ has been found by by the khalasar of Khal Jhaqo, will she go back to Vaes Dothrak and unit all of the khalasars?

While I am sure that this has been ask before, I could not find a thread about it.

It's very likely, imo. I'm sure that vision will become true. The "Stallion that Mounts the World" prophecy could become true in her. I don't want to see it in a flashback, it would be great seeing it first-hand! Maybe we can be spared the road to Vaes Dothrak.

It is not that far for a Khalasar to ride. It is about 1/4 of the distance from Mereen to Vaes Dothrak than it was for Pentos to Vaes Dothrak, and if Dany leaves her unsullied and freedmen in mereen they could go there and back in no time, Dany will have to fly drogon around the Dothraki sea in order to tell the different Khalasars to go to Vaes Dothrak though. But i cant see the army she takes Westeros and fights the others with being dothraki to be honest

All the Khalasars together are probably somewhere between half the force or perhaps even more than the Yunkai and Co forces. And when the guys in Mereen notice what's going on, the Unsullied, Stormcrows and Mother's Men will finish the attack. Not to say anything about Drogon and Co.

Jhaqo and his khalasar will take Dany prisoner, and Mago and his friends may enjoy humiliating her on their way to Vaes Dothrak to make her a dosh khaleen. Drogon will follow her, no doubt.

I have a hard time believing this, since I think Drogon will protect her if Jhaqo even tries taking her by force. I even doubt that that would happen, since there were supposed to be about 'a score or more of riders' going with the big herd of horses that Drogon hunted. I can't persume to guess what will happen in the next book since we don't really know how Jhaqo is. He might be defiant of Dany and try to take her anyway. He might be astounded of the dragon and bow down to her. Lots of things could happen since as far as I remember, we have no description of Jhaqo's personality, or at least not one deep enough to know what he'd do.

By the way, was it Jhaqo or Pono who took the biggest part of Drogo's Khalasar?

i dont think that the dothraki are going to follow Dany right off the bat most likely Dany will have to jump through some hoops in order to completely win over the dothraki. She will most likely have Drogon burn the current Khal and bloodriders since they only follow strength. Once this happens Dany will have an incredible army of unsullied, maybe the brazen beasts, maybe Tyrion's lot, her freed men and all her Dothraki (superior mounted warriors and better/longer range archers. She will have the perfect storm of events and warriors to raise the siege on Mereen and will have ample power to invade Westoros.

OK, let me restate the question. Will Dany go back to Vaes Dothrak, and will all of the khalasars unit there. There must be a reason that Vaes Drthrak must have room for all of the khalasars, and maybe this will get them together for what ever prophecy that they have.

Yes, I know that it would be a long way until she would rule them, or for them to follow any one.

Didn't Dany swear death to Jhaqo? Or was that Pono? I don't remember. Either way i think she's probably going to Dracarys them.

Wait, wait, you're absolutely right. I completely forgot about that. Jhaqo and his (once Drogo's bloodrider) ko were the ones who raped Eroeh. Now I'm thinking there will be some burning. :devil:

So as to the restatement of the question, Smith, I'd have to say she will at least take hold of some, or all if we go by the idea that Drogon is the Stallion That Mounts The World.

Depending on how long the siege lasts Dany might be able to bring the dothraki in for reinforcements. At least I hope she does.

I do too, but I don't think it will be easy to convince them to follow her, since she is Westerosi and a female by birth. However, she does have dragons :D That is pretty much her "big stick" and the Dothraki are foolish to the point of recklessness if they are not a least a litle fearful of this. This would be a great turn of events, and now that she is riding a dragon, her travel time would decrease. I don't imagine the Dothraki she has came upon will give her much trouble once they piss Drogon off, as I don't doubt they will. Maybe Jhaqo won't survive, and if he doesn't that will be even easier for Dany to take conrol of the Dothraki.

However, I hope she returns to Meereen before the Iron Islands fleet arrives.

There are two fleets on their way: the Iron Fleet (Victarion) and after them the Volantine fleet. The Iron fleet are almost there, and will likely arrive before Dany returns. The Volantine fleet started out later and we do not know how the storm affected them. FWIW, I will guess that Victarion's arrival will lead to Ser Barristan putting the plan he and the council agreed into effect---after he gets thru' asking himself "what in the seven hells are THEY doing here?", and observes them attacking the ships of the blockade. What the Second Sons and Windblown will do is also up in the air. Still the arrival of the Ironmen should be enough to turn the day. After that who knows? (Other than GRRM.) Maybe they move the Iron Fleet up the river, hunker down and await a second siege. Maybe that gives Dany enough time to impress the Dosh Khaleen with Drogon, have them order enough Dothraki warriors to follow her, return to Meereen, break the second siege, and then---finally---capture enough ships and supplies to carry her and the unsullied and freedmen, second sons, and windblown to Dragonstone via Volantis and Pentos. (Where Khal Pono figures in this I dunno. What happens to Victarion and the dragon horn, also I dunno---except that (1) Dany will be furious if she thinks that he is trying to steal HER dragons and (2) Moqorro will act ruthlessly to try to stop Victarion from getting in the way of the fulfillment of the prophecy.

Barristan's Coup d'Etat generally indicates that Mereen has a chance to form a working governemnt even in dire straits and without dragons as threat-in-being (everyone sees they're uncontrollable now). I think the scene is really set for Dany heading to Westeros after breaking the siege, leaving behind a working city (in contrast to earlier Astapor case).

Archived