The great mystery called Sandror's and Gregor's sister

Hello!

I'm very sorry if this has been discussed before.

This subject came in to my mind while reading Angry Lettuce's thread named "GRRM's mysteries".

I recalled all the disturbing things in the series, and then I remembered this one.

I actually posted this to Angry Lettuce's topic too, but I thought that this might deserve an own thread.

I personally find this very fascinating.

So, it is known, that Sandor and Gregor Clegane likely had a little sister. According to AWOIAF (a Wiki of Ice and Fire) she died "young under queer circumstances".

Could it be, that Gregor killed her, and maybe abused her too? As we all know, it's not an impossibility, when we are talking about Gregor.

Could this be one reason, why Sandor is so murderous and bloodthirsty towards his brother? Besides of that you-played-with-my-toy-and-now-I-must-burn-your-face-thing, of course.

If she wasn't killed by his brother, then who/what killed her, and why she was killed?

Of course she could have been killed by some kind of disease or an accident, but it just doesn't seem so probable.

So, what is your point of view or opinion to this case?

Is the unknown Clegane-girl just a little thing, or could she have a bigger role in this tale?

Thanks for your replies beforehand!

(This is my first thread by the way... :blushing: )

She survived. She is Brienne.

:)

Seriously, though. It could be. But I don't like this kind of speculation, it sounds like fanfiction.

She could have died from some random disease. Hell, maybe she had a heart attack, was attacked by a snake, killed herself. Who knows? Gregor is just one possibility.

What is the point in discussing this? It's not like we'll have any more clues other than our own imaginations...

It's Gregor, he probably raped her several times then smashed her face in while wear his gauntlets. Gregor, Joffery, and Ramsey are just straight up evil sociopaths. I know GRRM says no one is "evil" and they are shades of grey, but these three are just terrible. I guess the one quality that Gregor has is that he follows orders well.

ps. if we're going to imagine things, and for the sake of characters being grey, I would find it way more interesting if it was the other way around... Gregor was tender towards his sister and Sandor abused her to relief the tension of being abused himself by his brother (though I don't see Sandor abusing her sexually or really violently, just a bully, you know)

ps. if we're going to imagine things, and for the sake of characters being grey, I would find it way more interesting if it was the other way around... Gregor was tender towards his sister and Sandor abused her to relief the tension of being abused himself by his brother (though I don't see Sandor abusing her sexually or really violently, just a bully, you know)

Gregor being tender towards someone.. thats the funniest joke ive ever heard

Well the point is the same as in other "what if" threads. It's nice to think about these things, especially when I believe, that we are going to hear about this later in the books.

Yes, Sandor could also be the bad guy, it doesn't always have to be Gregor... Well actually he does, but these are just theories. I actually forgot to add that to my OP. :drunk:

By the way, I think this is getting locked if we are continuing to make these detailed descriptions of her possible rape, so if you mind...

As I said, characters are grey. Why couldn't Gregor, the darkest of characters, have tender feelings towards someone? It's actually a cliché...

Maybe Gregor's sister was the only one he actually really cared about. Then Sandor abused and killed her and Gregor decided to avenge it by burning his face...

Wow, this is pretty crackpot.

It's pretty heavily implied that Gregor killed her, his father and two of his wives, and that servants regularly disapear in the clagane family keep. I don't really think she has any role to play in the story other than to show how much of a murderous psychotic Gregor can be.

I only hope people don't add her to Jon's possible mothers.

Hmmmm, could it be? :idea:

Yes it could be that she really doesn't have so big role at the very end, but it's at least too iffy, that there isn't so much information about the whole house of Clegane.

I mean, we don't even know that kennelmaster's name who saved Tytos Lannister, do we?

It's so weird... it's pretty huge thing after all!

Maybe Gregor's sister was the only one he actually really cared about. Then Sandor abused and killed her and Gregor decided to avenge it by burning his face...

Wow, this is pretty crackpot.

I don't think this mystery is one of the real mysteries of the book. Gregor probably killed her end of story, but wouldn't it be cool if the story of how his face got burned is just a cover? It's easy to confuse this with the TV show but no one else knows that story like on the show. Only the Hound ever talks about it that one time to Sansa. Total crackpot of course but I put nothing past GRRM and if the real reason Sandor was burned had to do with the sister there could be a cool twist with Sandor/gravedigger. He is on a redemption/revenge arc much like Jamie is and switching that last moment to a gotcha Sandor is actually just as evil as his brother story would be a big F U to all of us that have a soft spot for the Hound in our hearts.

Archived