Ice Kingdom/Castle(s) in Land Of Always Winter?

Sphinx The Riddle

Since we really have no idea what to expect from the LOAW but frozen tundra and Himalaya style mountains then why not let our imaginations run....

We know that The Others communicate in some form with their loud screeches and funky noises so lets assume that they meet up and strategize together on upcoming movements... so is it out of the realm of possibility that they have castles or some sort of architecture made out of ice that they assemble at in LOAW?

Id like to think that in the deep deep north that The Others have a kingdom of ice that they have been "hibernating" at for some time now waiting for the right time (?)... Maybe they have a hierarchy of power to go with this small or large kingdom with a leader (Great Other?) sitting at the helm making all the decisions for them...

who knows

let your imagination run and let me know what you think could be in LOAW minus just the expected absolute nothingness and if my theory on ice architecture could come true

In the ice cities, little Others are told stories of tanned monsters wearing iron clothes and wielding sharp steel weapons and a savage leader with a flaming sword that were stopped long ago as the Others built the Wall. These tan-skinned people are believed to be legend, but the Day Watch has reported multiple sightings of them.

Martin has said many times that the Others have power to control ice in unbelievable ways, to create things out of ice, like their armor and weapons. When I heard that from Martin, I assumed that means they can build ships, houses, fortresses with ice as well. The Wall itself is a good example of this sort of power.

In the ice cities, little Others are told stories of tanned monsters wearing iron clothes and wielding sharp steel weapons and a savage leader with a flaming sword that were stopped long ago as the Others built the Wall. These tan-skinned people are believed to be legend, but the Day Watch has reported multiple sightings of them.

First Ranger Puddles has been missing in action for months. The Day Watch plans a great ranging south of the Wall to find their man and bring him home.

There is a possibility they could do that, but the castles or any kind of buildings dont serve any purpose for Walkers. Presumably they are 'sleeping' in the ice/snow/caves whatever for thousands of years and then once in a while decide to march south.

We don't know much about their culture or even if they have one. They are seemingly these immortal, strange beings that can't be hurt with regular weapons, dont sleep, dont eat. So why would they need castles back north?

The horror story of a ball shaped man in a black fur cloak who brutally murdered one of their own, is being passed around to inform of savagery of the southern barbarians.

First Ranger Puddles has been missing in action for months. The Day Watch plans a great ranging south of the Wall to find their man and bring him home.

And his nephew Snow Jon is actually secretly the grandson of the previous great Other, called the Mad Other, and is Zahor Zahai Reborn which is said to be the one who will eventually defeat the evil Humans and their flying fire breathing beasts.

Martin has said many times that the Others have power to control ice in unbelievable ways, to create things out of ice, like their armor and weapons. When I heard that from Martin, I assumed that means they can build ships, houses, fortresses with ice as well. The Wall itself is a good example of this sort of power.

when has he said this, and can you link us the place where he said it? I am not trying to be non believing, I just have never seen it and it would be incredibly important if he DID say this

when has he said this, and can you link us the place where he said it? I am not trying to be non believing, I just have never seen it and it would be incredibly important if he DID say this

I think this is what Mathor is talking about.

When asked if he knows what substance an Other sword is made from GRRM answered, “ “Ice. But not like regular old ice. The Others can do things with ice that we can't imagine and make substances of it.”

whaaattt? why has no one spoken about this? This changes many, many assumptions about what White Walkers are/ can do.

I've spoken about it. I kinda wonder if the Others built the Wall, actually.

And his nephew Snow Jon is actually secretly the grandson of the previous great Other, called the Mad Other, and is Zahor Zahai Reborn which is said to be the one who will eventually defeat the evil Humans and their flying fire breathing beasts.

You forgot about Snow Jon's pet Ice Spider... Entity

When Bran sees visions with the help of BR/3EC during his coma, he sees "beyond the curtain" at the end of the world.

Bran looked down. There was nothing below him now but snow and cold and death, a frozen wasteland where jagged blue-white spires of ice waited to embrace him. They flew up at him like spears. He saw the bones of a thousand other dreamers impaled upon their points. He was desperately afraid.

I have always thought the spires sounded like part of Other-made structures.

...but the dreaded news came: "Live things in the water..."

Archived