Video Games: Grinding To Oblivion

Relic

So if anyone thinks that the concept of being a bad ass wall running alien blasting space ninja is cool, and likes free-to-play games, do yourself a favor and check out War Frame on steam. I've been hooked for the last week.

Ok, I'll give it a go. I've actually been looking for a good actiony co op experience. I thought it looked a bit boring when I saw a gameplay vid during it's development, but that was a long time ago and it seems to have gotten a good bit of buzz. I certainly don't think there was any wall running then.

AAAAArrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!! So bored! I need a game recommendation. I need something awesomesauce, preferably fast-paced, RPG-ish always welcome, and most of all FUN! I've got Star Wars on my mind, but the only thing I think could fit from there is the old 'Jedi Academy' game. Any advice?

AAAAArrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!! So bored! I need a game recommendation. I need something awesomesauce, preferably fast-paced, RPG-ish always welcome, and most of all FUN! I've got Star Wars on my mind, but the only thing I think could fit from there is the old 'Jedi Academy' game. Any advice?

Check out the GoG Square Enix sale.

I have started winning consistently in Hearthstone. In Gold league currently. I SHALL BECOME A HEARTHSTONE MASTER.

edit: Platinum!

Congrats!

Risk of Rain demo is pretty fun. But not sure how into this kind of game I am, so undecided on getting the full version....though it's only supposed to be $10 so...

eta: Link -> http://riskofraingame.com/

Anyone watching the LoL World Championships? Today is day 1 of group stages, I think the finals are next weekend. Been pretty entertaining so far. Nothing on The International 3 though unfortunately.

I can't wait for midnight tomorrow, going to go pick up GTA5 :commie:

I have started winning consistently in Hearthstone. In Gold league currently. I SHALL BECOME A HEARTHSTONE MASTER.

edit: Platinum!

Congrats on the beta invite. I'm hoping to get in soon, but I have horrible luck with closed betas.

Anyone watching the LoL World Championships? Today is day 1 of group stages, I think the finals are next weekend. Been pretty entertaining so far. Nothing on The International 3 though unfortunately.

I can't wait for midnight tomorrow, going to go pick up GTA5 :commie:

Congrats on the beta invite. I'm hoping to get in soon, but I have horrible luck with closed betas.

Was going to, then forgot about it after being really late for work this morning. Maybe some of the rest of week, although probably won't see any of the finals.

I feel like everyone is really hyped for GTA V, I couldn't care less tbh. It doesn't look very exciting, I bet SR4 will end up being the better game. But obviously the media have to fellate Rockstar's massive penis so the game will get amazing "reviews" regardless of how good it actually is.

I, personally, cannot wait to play it. The suspense is killing me, thank god there are new episodes of Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire to hold me over until tomorrow.

It looks like the patch to fix online in DOA5U has only made it worse. So I'll be sticking to Diablo 3. I'm in the middle of Act 2, and got my Wizard up to lvl 20. But the game has gotten way too easy. It started easy, but now a Diamond Skin-Spectral Sword-Arcane Torrent combo has everything dying about as soon as it comes on screen.

Money seems pretty useless in this game. The merchants never have any gear worth buying, and I rarely have to use health potions. I've just been using money to upgrade the Blacksmith, who can now make a bunch of stuff I'm not leveled enough to use. Now I can't upgrade him any farther since he need Tome Pages (or something) and I don't know where to get them. So I've been wasting money buying dyes.

Normal difficulty has always been a joke. I think I used 3 health potions at most beating all 4 acts with my first character. Try putting the monster power up for better drops/exp gain and harder fights. Tomes start dropping on nightmare. You could buy them on the auction house if you don't want to wait. You can dump money into upgrading the gem crafter when you get him as well.

I feel like everyone is really hyped for GTA V, I couldn't care less tbh. It doesn't look very exciting, I bet SR4 will end up being the better game. But obviously the media have to fellate Rockstar's massive penis so the game will get amazing "reviews" regardless of how good it actually is.

I'm kind of conflicted about it. It will probably be good, but I'm not looking forward to it that much. I know I'm not going to get it too quickly because after SR4 and D3 I can't afford a third new-price game in a month, but that's fine. It'll give me plenty of time to find out from others if it continues all the bad trends from GTAIV.

Also, the fact that there are three main characters and not one of them is female is disappointing enough; but Rockstar's response when the matter was brought up really put me off. Grantland had an article last week that pretty much sums up my views on the matter. Obviously not every game needs to have a female lead, but I think its important option to have when possible. And when a game has 3 leads instead of 1, its pretty ridiculous if none of them are.

Money seems pretty useless in this game. The merchants never have any gear worth buying, and I rarely have to use health potions. I've just been using money to upgrade the Blacksmith, who can now make a bunch of stuff I'm not leveled enough to use. Now I can't upgrade him any farther since he need Tome Pages (or something) and I don't know where to get them. So I've been wasting money buying dyes.

I found I used money exclusively at the Blacksmith to fill any gear slots where I hadn't gotten any drops in a while, and that can start to get expensive; particularly if you need to make several things before one looks good. Leveling up the jem crafter can get expensive too. Also I noticed my repair bills started getting higher towards the end of normal, a trend which I've been told becomes significantly steeper in the higher difficulties. I probably bought around 6-8 items from merchants during the game, every once in a great while they randomly had something really good.

Also I noticed my repair bills started getting higher towards the end of normal, a trend which I've been told becomes significantly steeper in the higher difficulties.

I stopped playing my Monk for almost 6 months one time because his gear was all 100% broken and I didn't have enough money to repair it.

Eventually I had to play other characters to increase the gold in the shared stash enough to get back and progress.

On console, so there is no AH. Nightmare is the next difficulty up, right? I guess I won't really need anything better out of him before then anyway.

You can increase the difficulty separate from the Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno playthroughs.

I would suggest you do so because on the default difficulty level on Normal Diablo 3 is so piss easy a 2 year old could play it via Kinect. Which is, of course, the intent.

Right on queue: IGN gives GTA V a 10 haha. http://au.ign.com/ar...t-auto-v-review

These are the guys that gave Metro: Last Light 7.7.....

What's funny is that they gave GTA IV a 10 as well, and then earlier this year they included it on their list of most overhyped games of the generation; saying that some of the common complaints (like the "hang out with me" phone calls) were incredibly valid and that they just "missed" them in their rush to get a review out.

That said, I'm sure GTA V is actually a really good game, my earlier complaint about gender notwithstanding, but I'm much more interested in hearing what players have to say. Is just a good game technically, or is it actually fun?

Archived