Which characters would ve crossed the line Daenerys did in Astapor killing all the slavers older than 13? Part 2!

E-Ro

None of them.

At this point, I see it as a pragmatic move from Dany.

"Take out all the other slavers so I'll have an easier time with slaving in the future"

I legitimately believe that was her goal.

She has shown that she is okay with slavery and profiting from it when it suits her

None of them.

"Take out all the other slavers so I'll have an easier time with slaving in the future"

She has shown that she is okay with slavery and profiting from it when it suits her

You're joking, right?

No way to know really.

The NW doesn't kill Craster, Jon acts like we wanted to but he wasn't LC at the time.

The NW leaves Craster alive because he helps them out and aids them on rangings.

Hardly moral superiority.

If he provided no aid to the NW, would they just kill him and set his wives free? Maybe.

Craster wasn't in war, he was just a peaceful man???

None of them.

That would make her story line way more interesting

Dany, Queen of Slaves

Dany is many things, but "pragmatic" isn't one of them. It was a spur-of-the-moment emotional OMG THE FEELS decision, like most of the things she does.

(Contrast this with Stannis' assassination of Renly, which was very pragmatic even though it went against Stannis' morality. The Mannis doesn't regret doing it, although he's still very guilt-stricken about killing his younger bro.)

None of them.

Yes, because her attempts at slowing down slavery have made things so much easier for her.

Dany is many things, but "pragmatic" isn't one of them. It was a spur-of-the-moment emotional OMG THE FEELS decision, like most of the things she does.

No, she planned it. She needed the Unsullied and obviously couldn't afford all of them.

The decision was not entirely altruisic.

No, she planned it. She needed the Unsullied and obviously couldn't afford all of them.

The decision was not entirely altruisic.

I know.

I'm not talking about her calculated betrayal of the slavers and taking control of the Unsullied, which was obviously planned all along. What I meant was her revenge on the Astapori by killing all free men older than 13. I seriously doubt the newly-freed Unsullied checked the ID of everyone they killed.

The random crucifixion of 300 people in Meereen follows the same kind of revenge-based "logic". It's very unlikely that 300 people were responsible for killing 300 slave children, but Dany doesn't even think about this once - it's all about her personal need for revenge. It'd be analogous to Abraham Lincoln having every Southern white man older than 13 executed.

I know.

I'm not talking about her calculated betrayal of the slavers and taking control of the Unsullied, which was obviously planned all along. What I meant was her revenge on the Astapori by killing all free men older than 13. I seriously doubt the newly-freed Unsullied checked the ID of everyone they killed.

The random crucifixion of 300 people in Meereen follows the same kind of revenge-based "logic". It's very unlikely that 300 people were responsible for killing 300 slave children, but Dany doesn't even think about this once - it's all about her personal need for revenge.

It was 163.

Archived