Small questions v.10079

Angalin

@Fragile Bird

Keep in mind that that page still contains errors.. I saw a few yesterday, when reworking the templates, but by the time I had everything working, I had forgotten which mistakes I had spotted. I'll have to try and track them down in the following days, but there surely are still that haven't caught my eye yet :)

But that page gives an amazing overview of timelines in years.

There's also the less information containing Years before Aegon's Conquest :)

In Catelyn I a Game of Thrones, she thinks of the Godswood and mentions that Riverrun keeps one as all of the Great Houses do. Does this include the Martells? And also, isnt she wrong about that anyway, as the Arryns have no Godswood?

In Catelyn I a Game of Thrones, she thinks of the Godswood and mentions that Riverrun keeps one as all of the Great Houses do. Does this include the Martells? And also, isnt she wrong about that anyway, as the Arryns have no Godswood?

The Arryns tried but couldn't get a tree to take root, so they filled it with statuary and, I think, shrubbery.

Question... wiki describes Ashara as "tall, with long dark hair and haunting violet eyes". My aGoT copy says of her "alta, rubia, con ojos hechiceros color violeta". "Rubia" means blonde.

It's an aGoT mistake or it's only the spanish version?

From Catelyn II, AGoT:

“The Lady Ashara Dayne, tall and fair, with haunting violet eyes.”

The app states that she was tall, dark of hair and violet-eyed.

i think benjen is coldhands...thoughts??

Leaf says "the killed him long ago." Two or three years doesn't seem like "long ago" to most of us. Especially when you consider the long lifespan of the children of the forest.

When Bran first has the crow dream, and he is in the heart of winter looking down at the spires with the impaled bodies of past dreamers, does that mean the Crow / Bloodraven has tried this before with other children, possibly wargs, and failed? Has this been something that has been going on for long before BR came around, trying to find someone strong enough to defeat the Others?

Just a friendly reminder, Small Questions is for questions that are confirmed in some place or another.

For Coldhands threads google the following:

coldhands site:asoiaf.westeros.org

For Bran's Dream google:

Bran's Dream site:asoiaf.westeros.org

There are many, many threads on these subjects.

Quick question.

Do people south of the wall refer to the Nights Watch as crows? Or is that just a wildling thing?

Just a quick search of Arya's chapters and at least one person does:

“If you are no traitors, open your gates,” Ser Amory called. “We’ll make certain you’re telling

it true and be on our way.”

Yoren was chewing sourleaf. “Told you, no one here but us. You got my word on that.”

The knight in the spiked helm laughed. “The crow gives us his word.”

In regard to Ashara, "fair" in archaic English means just "pretty", as in "Monday's child is fair of face," and "Mirror mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" (It was Snow White, who had hair "black as night.")

Does anyone know where I can find a good theory on how the coin got in Tyrions cell & why?

Is there some idea other than it was Varys?

Archived