Moments of Foreshadowing 4

Ice Turtle

EDIT.

OLDER THREADS:

http://asoiaf.wester...-foreshadowing/

http://asoiaf.wester...oreshadowing-2/

http://asoiaf.wester...oreshadowing-3/

She ignored the jest. “If it was Father who’d been taken captive, Jaime would not be sitting by idly, I promise you.”

Jaime would be battering his host to bloody bits against the walls of Riverrun, and the Others take their chances. He never did have any patience, no more than you, sweet sister. “Not all of us can be as bold as Jaime, but there are other ways to win wars. Harrenhal is strong and well situated.”

It's a grand irony how in the end Jaime is the one that comes with the plan how to take Riverrun without storming it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaime's description of a dead Tywin: Bloody hell, he's grinning like a bridegroom at his bedding.

I think Daven Lannister is that kind of bridegroom.

"And the king is just a boy," said the oldest of the four septas. "Who is to rule us until he comes of age?"

"Lord Tywin's brother," said a guardsman. "Or that Lord Tyrell, might be. Or the Kingslayer"

Kevan has had his brief rule, he will be followed briefly by the Hand, Mace Tyrell, now that Kevan is dead. Jaime will later become Cersei's Hand of the King.

This may be reaching but Jaime may be the last to run the crown before the king who is no longer a boy and has come of age, Jon, takes the throne.

ASOS paperback pg 172 Tyrion is talking to Varys about his nose:

'Tyrion rubbed irritably at the scab. "Perhaps I should have a new one made of gold."'

One Lannister brother loses a nose and jokes about getting a new gold one, then the other Lannister brother loses a hand and does get a new gold one.

"Tyrion watched the faces of the Lords Tyrell, Redwyne, and Rowan, wondering if any of the three would be bold enough to say, 'But Lord Tywin, wasn't it you who presented the bodies to Robert, all wrapped up in Lannister cloaks?' None of them did, but it was there on their faces all the same. Redwyne does not give a fig, he thought, but Rowan looks fit to gag." House Redwyne is one of the houses Viserys lists as a Targaryen loyalists, but I think the quote foreshadows that they won't be when Targaryen claimants pop up in Westeros. On the flipside, I think House Rowan will either support Dany or be one of those "friends in the Reach" that support Aegon.

"Tyrion watched the faces of the Lords Tyrell, Redwyne, and Rowan, wondering if any of the three would be bold enough to say, 'But Lord Tywin, wasn't it you who presented the bodies to Robert, all wrapped up in Lannister cloaks?' None of them did, but it was there on their faces all the same. Redwyne does not give a fig, he thought, but Rowan looks fit to gag." House Redwyne is one of the houses Viserys lists as a Targaryen loyalists, but I think the quote foreshadows that they won't be when Targaryen claimants pop up in Westeros. On the flipside, I think House Rowan will either support Dany or be one of those "friends in the Reach" that support Aegon.

I think tze or someone wrote some foreshadowing about dany having trouble with the Redwynes so your probably right, i think it's in the learning to lead threads though

Mathis Rowan is currently commanding the Siege of Storm's End.

He [septon Meribald] had a seamed, windburnt face, a shock of thick grey hair, wrinkles at the corners of his eyes. Though a big man, six feet tall, he had a way of hunching forward as he walked that made him seem much shorter. His hands were large and leathery, with red knuckles and dirt beneath the nails, and he had the biggest feet that Brienne had ever seen, bare and black and hard as horn.

This may be reaching, but the colors associated with Meribald are the colors of House Targaryen and House Stark.

Meribald: "my soles would bleed like pigs whenever I trod on hard stone"

I am bleeding like a butchered pig, he [Jon] thought

Could Meribald have married Lyanna and Rhaegar?

Last Line of Tyrion IV DwD

And why not? Tyrion grinned. Gods and wonders always appear, to attend the birth of kings.

First Line of the next chapter Davos II DwD

The Merry Midwife stole into White Harbor on the evening tide, her patched sail rippling with every gust of wind.

Jaime's description of a dead Tywin: Bloody hell, he's grinning like a bridegroom at his bedding.

I think Daven Lannister is that kind of bridegroom.

"And the king is just a boy," said the oldest of the four septas. "Who is to rule us until he comes of age?"

"Lord Tywin's brother," said a guardsman. "Or that Lord Tyrell, might be. Or the Kingslayer"

Kevan has had his brief rule, his will be followed by the Hand's, Mace Tyrell briefly now that Kevan is dead. Jaime will become Cersei's Hand of the King.

This may be reaching but Jaime may be the last to run the crown before the king who is no longer a boy, Jon, takes the throne.

Wow, sweet catch!

Last Line of Tyrion IV DwD

And why not? Tyrion grinned. Gods and wonders always appear, to attend the birth of kings.

First Line of the next chapter Davos II DwD

The Merry Midwife stole into White Harbor on the evening tide, her patched sail rippling with every gust of wind.

Excuse me, but I'm not english and obviously I'm missing something... can you explain further?

Excuse me, but I'm not english and obviously I'm missing something... can you explain further?

"Birth of Kings"

A midwife oversees the birth of babies... and Davos disembarked from the Merry Widwife right after talking about the birth of kings.

Davos will be King of Westeros! It is known!

Trying to get through all the previous threads, but have only managed v1 so far, so perhaps this one I noticed in my AGoT reread has been mentioned:

Ned's POV during confrontation with Jaime over Cat's seizure of Tyrion, Jaime says "would the noble Catelyn Tully murder an innocent hostage?" I believe Jingle Bell would have to answer YES.

Trying to get through all the previous threads, but have only managed v1 so far, so perhaps this one I noticed in my AGoT reread has been mentioned:

Ned's POV during confrontation with Jaime over Cat's seizure of Tyrion, Jaime says "would the noble Catelyn Tully murder an innocent hostage?" I believe Jingle Bell would have to answer YES.

Nice one... Not only had I not caught that, it's one I've never seen posted before. Well done :-)

Not exactly foreshadowing but it has come up before that Varys killing Kevan with a crossbow may link the murder to Tyrion. Cersei tells Jaime:

“Safe.” The word tasted bitter on her tongue. Jaime did not understand. No one understood. Only Melara had been in the tent to hear the old hag’s croaking threats, and Melara was long dead. “Tyrion will not kill the same way twice. He is too cunning for that. He could be under the floor even now, listening to every word we say and making plans to open Tommen’s throat.”

It could be Valonqar irony too-- Joffrey was killed by the strangler (the poison) and the valonquar will strangle Cersei neither of which will be done by Tyrion.

Sansa forshadows Jon Snow taking off Janos Slynt's head in A Game of Thrones (Pg. 746):

Frog faced Lord Slynt sat at the end of the council table wearing a black velvet doublet and a shiny cloth-of-gold cape, nodding with approval every time the king pronounced a sentence. Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head.

Devan's cheeks and chin were dusted with blond hair, a fuzz that would have shamed a proper peach

ASoS Cat's description of dead Willem Lannister:

The blond boy had been trying to grow a beard. Pale yellow peach fuzz covered his cheeks.

But it was the Mother he prayed to now, to keep his sweet son Devan safe from the red woman's demon god.

Devan was the fifthborn and safer here with her than at the king's side. There will be some irony on that part.

Devan will die, and Melisandre will have something to do with his death. Maybe drain his life fire in her bedchambers as she knows he has a crush on her?

Sandor calling Sansa little bird is a foreshadowing to her role as Littlefingers bastard. And possibly a marriage to Robert Arryn, with the Mockingbird and Falcon sigils respectively.

I also think it's a nod to her budding political espionage (like Varys' spies are also called little birds) and maybe even a clue as to how her skinchanging ability will eventually manifest (she'll skinchange into birds).

Archived