Posts posted by Howlin' Howland
The deadline is 6:00 PM ET tomorrow so you have less than 24 hours. Only three people have voted and only two have submitted entries so far, so please vote and get me your entry or ask for an extension. If I haven't heard from any active players by the deadline I'll send them PMs. Thanks.
Round 4 Entries:
1. Wine, Cressen? Jolly'up, 'Maester half-wit'.
2. Heretics! End war, pretend unity!
3. "Jesus" f***ing quest
4. Her end was pyrrhic unveiling…
5. His enchanting woman pyromaniacally utilitarian.
6. Hearken emulators...Woman 'pyres' usurpers!
7. Woman conjures juniors, murders, humps wildly.
Vote for your top 3. Good luck. Please try to vote for your favorite Round 4 entries and get me your entries for Round 5 by 6:00 PM EST next Thursday the 3rd.
Last round's letters looked hard to me but this round they look fun.
It looks like a free shadow didn’t want to play after all, Castellan dominates back to back rounds, and, in my opinion, Gabe was robbed this round but I don’t have a vote.
Round 3 Results:
1. "Princess..." conjurer prompted, "Go East!" (rocksniffer) 1+1+3=5
2. Brazenly voices nonsensicalities - grievous brain harm (Dolorous Gabe) 1+1+1=3
3. Your prophecies bring questions. NEVER. ENDING. QUESTIONS!!! (Castellan) 1+1+3+2+3+3+3+4=20
4. Profile covered. Prophecies given. Enemy? (Ser Not Appearing) 1+1+1+2+1+2=8
5. Pardon? Cryptic prognostications. Go east? (Jez Bell) 1+1+1+2+2+2=9
6. Your phantasm bewildered queen - North? East? Quandary! (Fragile Bird) 1+1+3+1+1=7
7. Bespoke veil never guarantees bonafide herald. (RhaenysBee) 1+1+2+3+1=8
Castellan 28 + 20 = 48
Ser Not Appearing 25 + 8 =33
Jez Bell 20 + 9 = 29
Fragile Bird 21 + 7 = 28
RhaenysBee 13 + 8 = 21
Dolorous Gabe 7 + 3 = 10
rocksniffer 1 + 5 = 6
a free shadow 1
There are two players who have not submitted entries and one that has not voted. I've sent them both PMs and I'm granting an extension until at least 5:00 PM EST tomorrow. Feel free to change your entries between now and then.
I'd like to get all of the entries and votes in by 6:00 PM EST tomorrow and so far only 3 players have submitted entries and only 2 players have voted. Please try to get them in, I'll send PMs out to players who haven't tomorrow afternoon.
16 hours ago, Castellan said:
Yes, as long as its for me.
Well, Shadow did give you a third place vote. Would you like to give Shadow the full 113 for any vote or just for first place votes?
Round 3 Entries:
1. "Princess..." conjurer prompted, "Go East!"
2. Brazenly voices nonsensicalities - grievous brain harm
3. Your prophecies bring questions. NEVER. ENDING. QUESTIONS!!!
4. Profile covered. Prophecies given. Enemy?
5. Pardon? Cryptic prognostications. Go east?
6. Your phantasm bewildered queen - North? East? Quandary!
7. Bespoke veil never guarantees bonafide herald.
Vote for your top 3. Good luck. Please try to vote for your favorite Round 3 entries and get me your entries for Round 4 by 6:00 PM EST next Wednesday the 26th.
Sorry for the delay. It looks like we've lost Eternally_His but we've gained a free shadow and rocksniffer. Congratulations to Castellan who had a dominating round.
Round 2 Results:
1. Many timed person. One "looker." (Ser Not Appearing) 1+1 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 9
2. Mystical tree person? Ocular loss. (Eternally_His) 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 7
3. Raven cultivated little ravener. “Greensight indispensable: Fly!” (Castellan) 1+1 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 4 = 19
4. Quarantine! Bloodraven has greenlit wildfire cremations. (Jez Bell) 1+1 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 8
5. "Mmm tasty paste" - omnipotent lord (Dolorous Gabe) 1+1 + 1 = 3
6. quirks: bastard, Hand, geriatric warlock & culinarian. (RhaenysBee) 1+1 +3 + 1 + 3 = 9
7. Quiet, bitches! He’s grooving with children! (Fragile Bird) 1+1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 10
No Entry. (A free shadow) 1 = 1
No Entry. (rocksniffer) 1 = 1
Castellan 9 + 19 = 28
Ser Not Appearing 16 + 9 = 25
Fragile Bird 11 + 10 = 21
Jez Bell 12 + 8 = 20
RhaenysBee 4 + 9 = 13
Eternally_His 4 + 7 = 11
Dolorous Gabe 4 + 3 = 7
A free shadow 1
I screwed up, there's a player who hasn't submitted an entry or voted this round and I missed it. I just sent him a PM, I'm going to give him some time to reply.
There's one player that hasn't voted yet, I've sent them a PM. Everyone has submitted entries but several of you haven't told me what your final entry is. Once I have all of your final entries and rockniffer's votes I'll post the results.
Round 2 Entries (Bloodraven):
1. Many timed person. One "looker."
2. Mystical tree person? Ocular loss.
3. Raven cultivated little ravener. “Greensight indispensable: Fly!"
4. Quarantine! Bloodraven has greenlit wildfire cremations.
5. "Mmm tasty paste" - omnipotent lord
6. quirks: bastard, Hand, geriatric warlock & culinarian.
7. Quiet, bitches! He's grooving with children!
Vote for your top 3. Good luck
Try to get me your responses and votes by next Friday, 10/14/2022, at 5:00 PM EST. If you want an extension, ask.
I swear to you, I am using a random number generator to come up with these letters and I am not trying to be cruel. Good luck this round.
Round 1 Results:
1. Murderous, jabbering after jinxed royal nobble. (Ser Not Appearing) 1+1+3+1+3+3+4 = 16
2. Warlock and sorcerer. Verily blue. (Eternally_His) 1+1+1+1 = 4
3. Weeps a shade vengeful blue (Dolorous Gabe) 1+1+1+1 = 4
4. Warlock? Arson survivor? Vaguely blue? (RhaenysBee) 1+1+2 = 4
5. Warlock attempted sorrowful vengeance. Boohoo. (Jez Bell) 1+1+2+2+2+2+2 = 12
6. Mostly just a jaundiced, repulsive necromancer. (Fragile Bird) 1+1+1+3+3+2 =11
7. Marine journey appalling. “Joined” repugnant navy. (Castellan) 1+1+3+3+1 = 9
Ser Not Appearing, despite his complaints, won the round. Almost everyone thought Jez’s entry was second. I was happy to see that everyone gave their first place votes to players who tried to tackle the brutal MJAJRN letters.
Ser Not Appearing 16
Jez Bell 12
Fragile Bird 11
Dolorous Gabe 4
Please check my math, I may have made an error.
I’ll post the Round 3 letters shortly, but you have until noon EST tomorrow to finalize your round 2 entries.
I've had a request for a modest extension. You have until noon EST 10/7/2022 to make changes. If you need more time than that let me know.
43 minutes ago, Castellan said:
Quite hard to sum up Brynden Rivers.
It is, but the letters this round are easy.
Brynden Rivers “Lord Bloodraven”
Please try to vote for the round 1 entries and send me your round 2 entries by 5:00PM EST next Thursday.
The game is live.
Round 1 Entries:
1. Murderous, jabbering after jinxed royal nobble.
2. Warlock and sorcerer. Verily blue.
3. Weeps a shade vengeful blue
4. Warlock? Arson survivor? Vaguely blue?
5. Warlock attempted sorrowful vengeance. Boohoo.
6. Mostly just a jaundiced, repulsive necromancer.
7. Marine journey appalling. “Joined” repugnant navy.
Vote for your top 3.
I've got entries from everybody who said they're interested in playing, but two of you have sent me multiple entries without telling me your preference (I've sent them PMs). I hope to start working on the posts with this round's entries and next round's letters around 5:00 PM EST tomorrow (Thursday 9/29/22), feel free to make changes to your entries until then and let me know if you need more time.
Good luck to you all
I hope to get the entries to you by Thursday evening EST. I've received PMs from 5 of you and potential entries from 2.
@Eternally_His and @RhaenysBee, it would help if you sent me a PM.
This has been a brutal round and all but one of you is struggling so don't let it get to you, sometimes the letters are just cruel.
If anyone can teach me how to use usernames that send notifications to the user in normal post please let me know, I haven't been able to figure it out ( I mean like this @Dolorous Gabe).
On 9/4/2022 at 6:18 AM, RhaenysBee said:
I’m in, if we get enough players. Thanks Howland for the tag!On 9/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, Fragile Bird said:
I’ll play!On 9/13/2022 at 6:26 AM, Jez Bell said:
Hello all. Sorry for the long absence.
I'll play, if you'll have me.On 9/14/2022 at 7:30 AM, Eternally_His said:
May I join too, or is it too late?On 9/9/2022 at 6:28 AM, Castellan said:
i will play.On 9/13/2022 at 7:07 PM, Ser Not Appearing said:
I'll play. But you should harass Gabe to harass me to remember to keep doing so.On 9/9/2022 at 8:29 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:
I will make an effort of some sort
Please try to get your entries in by Monday September 26th. If you want an extension please let me know.
For those of you who already haven’t done so, please send me your entry in a personal message with your username (thanks Gabe, Jez, and Ser).
Also, I recognize brutal letters when I see them, if anyone can pull off a great entry for MJAJRN I will be in awe.
Eternally_His, I think this is the first time you’ve played the game so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
6 hours ago, Eternally_His said:
May I join too, or is it too late?
You can join. We aren't starting the first round until next week.
1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:
I'll play. But you should harass Gabe to harass me to remember to keep doing so.
Gabe, you've got your marching orders.
I'll try to get everyone the topic and letters next week. I hope to run one round a week.
Also, if everyone includes "acrophobia" and their user names in the subject line of their messages with their first round entries I'd appreciate it.
in Forum Games
Posted · Edited by Howlin' Howland
I haven't received entries from two players, one of whom also hasn't voted, and there's another player (rocksniffer) whose sent me multiple entries but not told me which one is his final entry.
I'm going to send PMs out to the two players who haven't submitted entries and grant an extension until at least 6:00 PM ET tomorrow 11/4. I don't want to lose either of the players who haven't submitted entries so if I don't hear back from them I'll probably extend the extension.
Sorry about the delay (herding cats), H'H