Telltale Games Game of Thrones

Teeem3000

not sure what that means sorry

In the Total War series, you have the world map on a turn based system. Here, you build/recuit units, build improvements in the cities, move your armies around, and set policies, etc. Then, when your army attacks an enemy on your turn, or is attacked on an opponents turn, the game switches to a smaller (in scale) battlefield map and control the individuals units in the army in real time, with real time man to man fights visible, basically an RTS like Starcraft.

I would keep this system, but probably drop alot of the economic aspects, especially since the time scale would be shorter (maybe about 15-20 years, tops) But I would also add more complex diplomacy and RPG elements. It would be cool to be able to say, fight in tournies or trials by battle, negotiate marrriage alliances, backstab your allies (with reprecussions, of course ), etc.

In the Total War series, you have the world map on a turn based system. Here, you build/recuit units, build improvements in the cities, move your armies around, and set policies, etc. Then, when your army attacks an enemy on your turn, or is attacked on an opponents turn, the game switches to a smaller (in scale) battlefield map and control the individuals units in the army in real time, with real time man to man fights visible, basically an RTS like Starcraft.

I would keep this system, but probably drop alot of the economic aspects, especially since the time scale would be shorter (maybe about 15-20 years, tops) But I would also add more complex diplomacy and RPG elements. It would be cool to be able to say, fight in tournies or trials by battle, negotiate marrriage alliances, backstab your allies (with reprecussions, of course ), etc.

Oh okay well its not dissimilar but its kinda like that, i think you should definitly play CK2:AGOT, i think its almost exactly what you're looking for, and i've spent over 500 hours on it now >.>

My ideal GoT based game would have you in control of one of the major houses (Stark, Lannister, Greyjoy, Tyrell, Martell, Baratheon or Targaryen). You would have different objectives based on the house. For some, the objective would be holding or gaining control of the Iron Throne (Lannister, Baratheon, Targaryen) . But for others, this wouldn't be true, example Stark or Greyjoy the objective might be indepedence of their respective regions. For the Tyrells and Martells, the objective might be influence with the IT through intermarriage and/or council seats, spots on the KG, etc. and bringing other houses to "justice" in the case of the Martells.

Gameplay would be like CAs Total War series, but I would find some way to include roleplaying, court intrigue, diplomacy etc. as thats a major part of the GoT as opposed to just fighting which the TW series is quite good at. On the other hand, you wouldn't need the complex economy and infrastructure management of the TW series, so it shouldn't be too overwhelming or require too much micromanagement.

It woudln't necessarily have to follow book canon, it could be a "what-if" scenario based on the book but not necessarily following all of the books plotlines, e.g. its possible that Ned Stark doesn't die or the RW never happens, etc. Alternatively, it could be a completely alternate reality in which none of the book characters are even in the game.

This sounds like the SC2 map A Clash of Kings. Each faction has different objectives, Stark is to be independent, Tully is to hold lands and keep Edmure/Brynden or make Stark keep Robb alive, Arryn is to hold lands, Martell needs Tywin and the Mountain dead and to hold lands, Tyrell has to have Loras/Garlan/Mace, hold lands and be allied to the king at the end of the game, Lannister/Renly/Stannis all need the iron throne meaning one of the other two lose every game and sets up the dynamics, Greyjoy needs objectives gettable from Stark/Lannister/Tyrell/Tully

Nights watch needs to hold the wall, wildlings need to break it. There are numerous hidden items, each faction and their heroes have strengths and weaknesses, there are hidden/optional objectives and whoever holds the crown at the end wins, no matter what their original objectives, making it a viable option when you lose key heroes.

Yeah it's a fun one :D

Personally, I'd like an ASOIAF game that's as faithful to the novels as possible in setting. I like the HBO series, and I've watched every episode. I'm just a much bigger fan of the novels. I've just always pictured the characters, armour(especially armour) and locations much different in my mind. I realize, due to time constraints and budget, sacrifices have to be made for TV. I commend them for what they shown already. I just don't like the idea that a development company with a blank canvas and Martin's own descriptions would have to limit themselves to HBOs concept rather then designer their own.

Sorry, I'll clarify. I didn't mean a video-game version of the books. I want an original side story, like GOT: The Game did. I'd just like the dev, whatever dev, have their own concept. Ran said that they would have to adhere to HBOs version. I'd like to see Telltale's take on characters, settings, and locations. That's all.

Sorry, I'll clarify. I didn't mean a video-game version of the books. I want an original side story, like GOT: The Game did. I'd just like the dev, whatever dev, have their own concept. Ran said that they would have to adhere to HBOs version. I'd like to see Telltale's take on characters, settings, and locations. That's all.

It would be so much better if the game turns out to be based on the books than the actual game. Still, that does seem unlikely. Of course, even though The Walking Dead show was well under way when Telltale Games released the episodes of it's game, that didn't stop them from being based on the comic books instead of the show and that hasn't stopped them from continuing to do so now.

This is fantastic news. To those grumbling about Telltale's style, The Walking Dead's most interesting parts are the conversations (the difficult decisions you have to make, and how what you say has repercussions) not fighting hordes of zombies. And let's face it, ASoIaF is 90% dialogue and character development. This should be great.

This is fantastic news. To those grumbling about Telltale's style, The Walking Dead's most interesting parts are the conversations (the difficult decisions you have to make, and how what you say has repercussions) not fighting hordes of zombies. And let's face it, ASoIaF is 90% dialogue and character development. This should be great.

Ditto.

I just ordered The Wolf Among Us season pass. I really like the first episode of that game. It reminds me of Monkey Island, King's Quest or Police Quest. All those old shareware games that are still amazing fun if you give them a chance. I grew up with those games, so i guess that's why I readily accept anything Telltale throws my way. They do it right, and they're one of the few devs that actually make games "the way they used to".

Telltale deals with mature subject matter in the games they make, but I don't remember ever seeing nudity in their games. The Wolf Among Us has Partial Nudity in it rating but that could mean a bunch of things. Games nowadays are becoming more "mature :leer: " with sexual themes and romances. And sex, in all its forms, is very important in ASOIAF. HBO is way too heavy handed with the raunchiness, almost juvenile, and it'd be ridiculous to include something like that in any game. I think it'd be pretty cool if they had sex and nudity in the game, though. Just the ugly ASOIAF stuff. As long as it's plausible within the the storyline, and it's not overdone, I'd welcome it. What do you guys think? Nudity and sex in games is kind of a touchy subject for some people. I don't mean interactive sex scenes.

I really hope this turns out to be true. The more I play TWAU, the more I'm convinced that TT is be the best possible choice for an authentic ASOIAF experience. Telltale is masterful at balancing mystery, and storytelling. The action sequences keep getting better with every game too. The animations, button prompts, and flow all make more sense now. It feels more intuitive than TWD. A bit more organic. So by the time they get to GOT, they should be even better.

Does CK2 have the real time battles like the Total War series?

No. Combat is not a major focus of the Crusader Kings series: you can raise armies and conquer one or two provinces, but you can't conquer vast areas because it's too expensive. Whilst perfect for a historical simulation game, it's not so great for ASoIaF because the military side of things in ASoIaF is actually a better fit for Total War. On that basis, wait for Westeros: Total War, which is now (finally!) moving towards a final release.

However, CK2 does do a brilliant job of the dynastic/family/alliance side of things. Read this play-through of the Westeros mod to get a sense of what you can do in the game.

No. Combat is not a major focus of the Crusader Kings series: you can raise armies and conquer one or two provinces, but you can't conquer vast areas because it's too expensive. Whilst perfect for a historical simulation game, it's not so great for ASoIaF because the military side of things in ASoIaF is actually a better fit for Total War. On that basis, wait for Westeros: Total War, which is now (finally!) moving towards a final release.

However, CK2 does do a brilliant job of the dynastic/family/alliance side of things. Read this play-through of the Westeros mod to get a sense of what you can do in the game.

Wert, Can we merge the three threads we have dedicated to this topic down here? Lots of different conversations going on about the same thing.

Telltale just confirm the project for 2014. Telltale says it will be "similar to other Telltale games" but will feature "big battles" done "in a Telltale way." It will be a collaboration with HBO.

Big battles? Will this take place during the War of the Five Kings? Robert's Rebellion? Greyjoy Rebellion? Now I'm really curious. Where did you get this information?

• 8 months later...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/29/telltale-releases-first-game-of-thrones-title-information

Heres the latest info on the game. It seems like it'll take place in the north, which is the obvious choice. Personally I would have loved to see it set around Kings Landings and the Crownlands but I'll take anything TT will throw at me. :cheers:

Archived