Viserys - Dastardly Villain or Misunderstood?

King Viserys

What I don't understand is that Daenerys didn't do anything to stop Drogo from killing him. Ofcourse, I understand that Daenerys hated him, but he was the only chance to build up the Targaryen house again.

I actually kind of think Daenerys decided not to stop Drogo to find out if Viserys was a real dragon.

Maybe she had a feeling that the melted gold/silver (can't remember) wouldn't hurt her same as she knew that stepping into the fire won't hurt her?

It doesn't make the scene or her decision less cruel but maybe she thought that either Viserys will survive or she will by rights be the last dragon.

Maybe a vague theory.... but what do you think? Would be really interesting to hear your thoughts on that!!

I actually kind of think Daenerys decided not to stop Drogo to find out if Viserys was a real dragon.

Maybe she had a feeling that the melted gold/silver (can't remember) wouldn't hurt her same as she knew that stepping into the fire won't hurt her?

It doesn't make the scene or her decision less cruel but maybe she thought that either Viserys will survive or she will by rights be the last dragon.

Maybe a vague theory.... but what do you think? Would be really interesting to hear your thoughts on that!!

Hmm yea, that's a possible theory. However GRRM said that even Daenerys can be burned. So Viserys could have been a dragon.

I still think it's pretty weird. Viserys was the last male Targaryen (in Dany's knowledge).

So either:

- She doesn't want to build up the Targaryen house again

- She didn't mean for him to die (maybe your theory)

- She wants the throne for herself and sees Viserys as a threat

• 2 weeks later...

To me Dany and Viserys are equal, just one is a woman and the other a man...so IMO if one thinks Viserys is misunderstood than Dany is the same and so on.

I mean, both are arrogant, they think that just by existing things have to happen, both are impulsive and don't think on the consequence of their actions, just like little children.

Some say Viserys died bc his insitence, which Dany doesnt have, but she was quite insitent to Drogo about getting the iron throne, why she didn't die, bc she was having sex with Drogo.

Although Viserys had a worst childhood than Dany, anyhow, they are interchangeable.

I feel sorry that he had to live without his parents/older sibling who would take care of him as a boy but it doesn't excuse his vile behaviour towards his sister and his general lack of empathy.

Archived