Dating 8: I'm drinking a glass of Act Right

Lily Valley

My fellow singles:

I am awaiting updates on your prospects. Your input and advice in dealing with the distance has been invaluable. Thank you very much for that.

Edit: WS's naming of Mr. Fling has also been priceless. My friends think that's his name.

:rofl:

His name's very unusual in the US. They can't remember it. Now if it were an easy name, like Thibodeaux, it would be no problem. New Orleanian snobbery at work. They have several rather rude nicknames for him.

I have a three week wait before he gets back this way. Meanwhile, my phone's been blowing up and I can't leave the house without someone trying to pick me up. Where the hell were these people all summer??? I'm not that warm. I think I must look happy. :dunno:

Pfft! Women, with their self-esteem and standards! Don't you know how many articulate, outgoing inmates are just WAITING for your letters?!

An acquaintance of mine who works at a chocolate shop in Cape Cod was on TV for a segment about said shop. She ended up getting a letter plus photo from an inmate.

He asked that if she wasn't interested could she send back the picture.

Not many prospects at the moment, my uni course mainly consists of females who don't speak any English and I barely go out to bars/clubs with friends anymore as I'm pretty low on money (just started a new job a few weeks ago).

Instead I listen to Taylor Swift all night long. (Maybe that's the problem?)

Today comic book guy is meeting Lars, my best friend and platonic life partner. Hopefully it goes well, I don't think I could take anyone seriously who didn't have his approval, since he's a huge part of my life. I'm also meeting his brother who says I've met him before but i don't remember it.

I'd been msging a girl, and a few days ago invited her out. She'd normally been very quick at answering, so after getting no reply assumed she wasn't interested. Anyway, she got back to me this morning. She's really busy with work until the middle of December (she works in theatre), but says she's happy to meet up then. :)

Fingers crossed, it'll go ahead.

My fellow singles:

I am awaiting updates on your prospects. Your input and advice in dealing with the distance has been invaluable. Thank you very much for that.

Edit: WS's naming of Mr. Fling has also been priceless. My friends think that's his name.

In light of recent off-topic feminism posts, I take it Mr. Fling is *cough* compatible?

Is a platonic life partner sorta like a spouse but without the sex?

Platonic means no romantic or sexual feelings, so I'm not really sure how that would work in a partner. Maybe in a marriage where they no longer love or have sex with the other but are staying together for some other reason; kids, etc.

In light of recent off-topic feminism posts, I take it Mr. Fling is *cough* compatible?

:rofl: I'm trying to decide whether it's more cowardly to delete that post or to leave it up.

Actually, he's lovely. A warm generous person. 'nuff said.

@Mandy: I'm sorry. That really stinks.

Oh sweetie I wish I could tell him to go fuck himself for you. Any way to delete his texts unread?

I'm sorry about your cat, that is a horrible decision to have to make.

Archived