Dating 8: I'm drinking a glass of Act Right

Lily Valley

At least you clearly have honed drunken typing skills lily ;)

Hope it's not for too long Mandy.

Er, yes. I need to work on those drunken NOT TYPING skills.

I wish it could. I have asked him to stop texting me. He's not doing so.

Mandy, I'm so sorry about your cat. Tell the clown that he's harassing you. That's total bullshit.

What do they think his first name is? Highland?

:D

All in all I'm positive on the outlook of things :)

*high-five!*

Is a platonic life partner sorta like a spouse but without the sex?

Yes. I have one of these. We used to have sex, back in college, but we don't, anymore, and are just best friends forevah.

She'd normally been very quick at answering, so after getting no reply assumed she wasn't interested. Anyway, she got back to me this morning. She's really busy with work until the middle of December (she works in theatre), but says she's happy to meet up then. :)

This girl is "in tech." You're fine, but she needs her space right now because she is insanely busy. On the plus side, she will most definitely be looking to blow off some steam when that is over, and seems to be trying to arrange to do that with you.

Mandy - What kind of phone do you have? iPhones now have number blocking features and there are apps for Android that supposedly block numbers.

As an alternative the only thing I can say is to just not read them. Delete on sight and change your settings so that the first part of texts don't even show (if that is the case on your phone). Eventually he should stop.

I am so sorry about your cat. Nevermind anything that that guy says - we know you well enough to know that you wouldn't reach this decision lightly.

RE: platonic life partner

We're just absurdly close best friends. We did have sex one time and it didn't make a difference either way. We have this bizarre level of intimacy where sex is irrelevant. It's hard to explain to people that there is definitely no romantic element with Lars, but we talk about all our dates and crushes and struggles, we work on art together, we hang out with his 2 year old all day every Wednesday, and we sleep in the same bed every Tuesday and nothing happens. He's almost like an extension of my self and we both view it the same way. I love him very much, I would never be in love with him.

RE: comic book guy meeting Lars and I meeting comic book guy's brother-

It went super well, they came with for my usual Wednesday with Lars and his little man. Lars liked them both, they both seemed to like Lars, and the little guy was personable with them too. This is pretty impressive because Lars has disapproved of all the other guys of mine he has met since the exwife, including ones that were his own friends beforehand.

A buddy asked me if he should stay with his girlfriend. I asked him what his rationale was and he said they don't see each other much due to being busy and that she ends up annoying him whenever they do see each other. I told him to simply consider his end goal with the relationship and whether that end goal was worth enduring any frustration he may have now. I told him to think it all over before he made a decision.

He said he appreciated this advice and said he would think about it all. He then said he was going to talk to her about it. I told him not to do it unless he was going to break up with her because I don't think it's necessary otherwise to have her wondering what's going to happen next. He accepted that and that was the end of that. It's been a few hours and I don't feel as sure telling him that now. How do you guys feel? Should I have told him different?

[snip] How do you guys feel? Should I have told him different?

If he has any doubts of the sort you mentioned at all, he should break it off. She annoys him? WTF? Why is this even a question? No, you should not commit your life to someone who annoys you. Fuck.

Alright, I'm doing match questions on OKCupid and I gotta ask: why are 90% of the questions about sex? Though sexual compatibility is obviously important, I can honestly say that I've never considered questions like "Do you prefer getting buttsexed by a polar bear or by a siberian tiger?" whilst determining if there's a potential match. :stunned:

On my activity page one girl in my local area answered yes to the Would you perform anilungus? question. I'm guessing her inbox exploded shortly after. I wouldn't bother too much with the questions, most try to put a black and white slant on grey areas.

The girl I invited out in a few weeks when we're both available and said she'd let me know if she's free still hasn't, although messaged me her phone number tonight which is promising.

Archived