Dating 8: I'm drinking a glass of Act Right

Lily Valley

In my experience, a lot of sweet nerds harbor all this suppressed resentment and anger that can sneak up and get dumped over your head like you're Carrie at the prom, wondering why you're covered in pigs blood.

In my experience, a lot of sweet nerds harbor all this suppressed resentment and anger that can sneak up and get dumped over your head like you're Carrie at the prom, wondering why you're covered in pigs blood.

There's a reason the anti feminist backlash in gaming etc is some of the most blatant and explicitly vile shit you see. And it's sad and really fucking annoying.

There's probably something to that. It makes sense, especially if they're looking for validation at some level. I'm sorry you've had those experiences. :(

This is one reason I never consider playing any games online.

Well it's less in the games, that's more just your causal sexism/racism/homophobia depending on the game and it's community and yeah it's horrible, but I was more talking about the response to Anita Sarkeesian or the gamespot GTA V review where it's death threats and rape threats in comments/emails/twitter etc which takes it to a whole different level.

Well it's less in the games, that's more just your causal sexism/racism/homophobia depending on the game and it's community and yeah it's horrible, but I was more talking about the response to Anita Sarkeesian or the gamespot GTA V review where it's death threats and rape threats in comments/emails/twitter etc which takes it to a whole different level.

To tell the truth I get really offended by both, and what is sad is, given the sheer amount of people who play games, it's still a minority doing it, I just don't understand the hatred of women from some of them.

Ya; that's totally true.

Kinda frightening when it comes out of fucking NO WHERE as well.

So many cute boys come into work it's so horrible WHERE DO I EVEN MEET PEOPLE I go out all the time these days and NO ONE FLIRTS WITH ME EVER (except this one dude at work but i think it might be bordering sexual harassment now o_____o)))) . I mean, I don't know if maybe I'm just being dense and oblivious to it because guys always make comments about my hats but that's it, maye they want to strike up a conversation or something idk??? or maybe they really do just admire my fabulous taste in hats - Ladies (and gentlemen) HOW IS IT DONE. How does this dating game work i'm so ready BUT SO CONFUSED it's really annoying me i'm lonely & sexually frustrated about 90 % of the time these days

i also don't think i can flirt at all no one has ever even bought me a drink before omg. HOW DO I DO IT i like cute girls too but have a specific type and don't see that type around too much & might know how to flirt better with a girl anyway

Good luck, you never know, you might even date another City fan :P.

That would be the dream. I would never have to explain my absence on a Saturday!

As all City fans know, our girl Natalie Pike would of course be The One.

Eta: or our new ladies striker Toni Duggan, though she has that scouse accent where the letter 'k' becomes a throat noise.

I'm going to take a wild guess that most, not necessarily all but close to it, guys that are trying to strike up a conversation about your hats or clothes really are just looking for an opening to talk to you.

They probably DO love your fabulous hats as well but I doubt that's all it's about.

I never get hit on my anyone either, in or out of a relationship (well that's not entirely true, I get hit on constantly by the homeless and the obviously crazy but that's it). Most of my previous relationships have come about because I've come close to clubbing the other person over the head and dragging them off, sometimes you really do just need to take a risk and make things clear.

Archived