[Spoilers] The Princess and the Queen, complete spoilers discussion

chrisdaw

Don't assume they're all correct, like the one you posted earlier that got deleted about the confrontation at Storm's End, that's not in the final text and the details are wrong, there was no agreed duel. That's not to say Rhaenyra couldn't be considered cruel, her death sentence for Nettles wasn't taken well.

I see. Sucks that I'll only get mine on the 8th. But what about the North?

I see. Sucks that I'll only get mine on the 8th. But what about the North?

One interesting thing the northmen and blacks do is leave tableaux of corpses having a feast for the greens to find as the move through the riverlands (a feast for crows?). When the greens get used to seeing these feasts they are surprised by a fake feast of the dead with soldiers disguised as corpses. This reminds me of both the BWB hanging the Freys and Lannisters in the riverlands but it also could be a possible foreshadowing or memory of a wight invasion.

One interesting thing the northmen and blacks do is leave tableaux of corpses having a feast for the greens to find as the move through the riverlands (a feast for crows?). When the greens get used to seeing these feasts they are surprised by a fake feast of the dead with soldiers disguised as corpses. This reminds me of both the BWB hanging the Freys and Lannisters in the riverlands but it also could be a possible foreshadowing or memory of a wight invasion.

Whoa :O

Do we get a good idea of the bonding process of the dragons and riders? Is it relative to anything we've seen before?

Tx

If they just have an egg the potential dragon rider has to just hope and pray it hatches. There doesn't seen to be any practical technique to it, the egg hatches in it's own time. Bonding seems to happen easily for those who can hatch their egg.

Bonding with older dragons seems to happen by chance and seems to be down to the dragon's preference as much as anything. Interestingly two of the dragonseeds who bond are strongmen, rather than skilled knights, so dragons seem to like strength and bravery over skill or any other knightly values. Although all the seeds who bond with the dragons are considered to be Targ bastards none of them have Targ features.

I think the character Nettles is probably not a Targ bastard. The way she bonds with a wild dragon, bringing it sheep to eat until it gets used to her presence, seems to me to be GRRM hinting at how the Valyrians originally bonded with wild dragons. So I think bonding can happen through "friendship" with the dragon as well as through dragonrider blood but for the people of Westeros dragonrider=targ blood. Poor Nettles is considered to be and is treated as a bastard although she there is nothing to suggest that she is and she never claims to be. Nettles is such a good character I think she must have a descendant in asoiaf, probably Brown Ben Plumm but I would love it to be Missandei.

Did anyone else feel that the inspiration of the KL riot was World War Z?? The general populace killed 5 dragons(not to mention the city watch and Rhaenyra's garrison)?? I find it a bit implausible.

Also why were there no Starks in the conflict(apart from 1 line)?? Only 2 northern houses are mentioned((Lord Dustin was a badass though) - do we get more details on that in the TWoIaF??

Did anyone else feel that the inspiration of the KL riot was World War Z?? The general populace killed 5 dragons(not to mention the city watch and Rhaenyra's garrison)?? I find it a bit implausible.

Also why were there no Starks in the conflict(apart from 1 line)?? Only 2 northern houses are mentioned((Lord Dustin was a badass though) - do we get more details on that in the TWoIaF??

The north was too remote to be of much import in the fight, the council judged; by the time the Starks gathered their banners and marched south, the war might well be over.

I think they assumed the war would be over quickly so only the more southerly northern forces were asked to join in. It may well be that the Starks do take part once it becomes clear that the war is still not finished.

Although it may also have been a case of the old "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell".

OK, I am going to post the first crackpot theory. Alys Rivers was pregnant with a shadowbaby (she knows much and more) and it is responsible for one of the major deaths. Possibly Helaena if Alys foresaw the chaos her "suicide" would cause.

Archived