[Spoilers] The Princess and the Queen, complete spoilers discussion

chrisdaw

I'm guessing he's decided to release some version of his recently completed writings on the Iron Islands?

Edit: because it always helps to back up your theory with a quote

I don't think it was ever stated that George was absolutely done. Just mostly done. He's been mostly working on WINDS and others projects, I gather, putting aside the world book for awhile as we incorporated his vastly expanded Targaryen history into the world book. Now he wrapped up a couple of shorter pieces, since we were ready for it (well, one was intended as short, and came out a bit long... fans of the ironborn will be glad of that), and the time is approaching to finalize the text.

The stuff GRRM finished on the Ironborn is stuff for the worldbook. I don't think this features into Ran's announcement. The publication of a volume of the unabridged version of TPatQ, hopefully also including the stories of Aegon's Conquest, the Sons of the Dragons, the reign of the Old King, Viserys I, and the Regency/reign of Aegon III, is much more likely, if you ask me.

But then, I'm perhaps one of the guys who really want to read such a thing as soon as possible. That narrows my vision considerably...

The stuff GRRM finished on the Ironborn is stuff for the worldbook. I don't think this features into Ran's announcement. The publication of a volume of the unabridged version of TPatQ, hopefully also including the stories of Aegon's Conquest, the Sons of the Dragons, the reign of the Old King, Viserys I, and the Regency/reign of Aegon III, is much more likely, if you ask me.

But then, I'm perhaps one of the guys who really want to read such a thing as soon as possible. That narrows my vision considerably...

Yeah, I think you're being overly optimistic there. The Princess and The Queen was originally written for the worldbook too and it got released. All I know is yesterday Martin posted that he had finished writing about the Iron Islands for the worldbook. Coincidentally today Ran posts about a pending announcement that should please people who enjoyed The Princess and The Queen (people who enjoy reading about Westeros' history.) He also made that other post about how fans of the Iron Islands (all four of them) should be glad that the Iron Islands text ran long.

George has already said GRRMarillion and his unabridged history of the Targaryens therein is something for the future, after the series is done. It is not what I'm talking about.

George has already said GRRMarillion and his unabridged history of the Targaryens therein is something for the future, after the series is done. It is not what I'm talking about.

If it's not this and it isn't about the Ironborn, than I'm pretty intrigued.

If it's not this and it isn't about the Ironborn, than I'm pretty intrigued.

Its WoW! :lol:

Joking :p But I too am intrigued. I'm convinced Ran does these things to us to spark wild speculations and produce emotional torment ;)

That's great! Is this going to be a sort of biography or only covering a small portion of Daemon's life. 'The King's Brother' suggests that it will covering a time period after Viserys' ascension.

Any hint as to if this story is going to shed light on the Nettles/Rhaenyra situation? If it's a biography of Daemon I'd really to get a proper closure to both his relationship to Rhaenyra and his decision to abandon Netty. Or at least an attempt to explain his actions by the maester.

The announcement seems to indicate that's also from Gyldayn - is it another part of the longer version of TPatQ which was supposed to tell the story of Prince Daemon, or comes if from another source?

I really hope it answers some of the lingering TPatQ questions surrounding Daemon, and that not only open new questions. And I really hope we get a good glimpse of King Viserys I.

I sincerely hope that this clears up the whole issue of the succession during Viserys' reign, which would allow us to firm up the positions of Baelon and the other possible heirs to the throne.

Arataniello,

I doubt that Baelon and Aemon will be discussed explicitly, but we can always hope. What do you mean by 'the whole issue of the succession during Viserys' reign'? We know that Rhaenyra was always the chosen heiress and Princess of Dragonstone. Do you refer to Rhaenyra's two marriages, the Aegon-Helaena match, and Viserys' decision to marry Alicent?

Archived