When is 'The World of Ice and Fire' coming out v.2

I'm definitely getting this book, obviously. What I've been wondering lately, in anticipation of the purchase, is whether there is information in it that is going to radically change our view of history/some Houses/Westeros in general or any other long held assumptions.

I certainly hope there is a bit of that. I'm not talking about plot related theories, but our understanding of the World of Ice and Fire.

I guess that depends on our assumptions. We'll be getting a history of every former kingdom of Westeros, as well as a very detailed history of the Targaryen reign. That should give us a lot of additional information as well as putting certain historical leaders we already know into perspective (especially the known Starks) - both before and after the Conquest. We should also get a good deal of information on the extent of various kingdoms at various times (say, how far the reach of the Ironborn empire spread exactly when they were the most powerful).

I hope that there will be sort of abridged version of the 'official story' about the Long Night since the books did not actually deliver that one, and there could also be a hint/version of various Azor Ahai/promised prince prophecies, if they played a role in the history the story covers.

As per comment on Not A Blog, we'll be getting a tease from TWoIaF soon. :) Happy days!

Wonderful news. He also commented that he might be at the limit of sharing teases from Winds..

I'd call this year a good year. Within 12 months we'll have 3 sample chapters from Winds, two short stories, and the World book. :D especially the news about yet another tease to come makes me happy.

Wonderful news. He also commented that he might be at the limit of sharing teases from Winds..

Yes, I've read that. Makes me feel positive - the reluctance in sharing more chapters points to the eventful, fast - paced story which could be seriously spoilery. It also implies constant work on the material for the 6th book. I especially liked GRRM saying that he doesn't rewrites TWoW chapters as nearly as he had done with AFfC/ADwD - the narrative flow in the next book seems uninterrupted, free from clots,knots and stray story arcs - at the moment, anyway = still good stuff.

In essence,bar that VF interview, this wave of news has been fruitful.

I'd call this year a good year. Within 12 months we'll have 3 sample chapters from Winds, two short stories, and the World book. :D especially the news about yet another tease to come makes me happy.

I know! Great year! :) I think that 2015 may be the "it" year, with the publication of TWoW.

Yes, I've read that. Makes me feel positive - the reluctance in sharing more chapters points to the eventful, fast - paced story which could be seriously spoilery. It also implies constant work on the material for the 6th book. I especially liked GRRM saying that he doesn't rewrites TWoW chapters as nearly as he had done with AFfC/ADwD - the narrative flow in the next book seems uninterrupted, free from clots,knots and stray story arcs - at the moment, anyway = still good stuff.

In essence,bar that VF interview, this wave of news has been fruitful.

I know! Great year! :) I think that 2015 may be the "it" year, with the publication of TWoW.

Yes! Especially after all this radio silence..

And not to forget the 2 updates from the app (one has already been, one will follow later this year, IIRC)

:D

Will the World Book tell us whose bastards believed Alyn and Addam were? I know the Princess and the Queen stated that their parentage is heavily debated amongst historians, but is there a mention about Corlys' own believes?

I would hazard a guess and say that they were Laenor's bastards. Their age certainly fits and it would explain why Seasmoke bonded with Addam.

Archived